"molten Sky": The Oliver F27 (Blue-Black Acrylic Variant) Review.

cjpandya

Molten Sky, This pen makes a poet out of a man. You did a great job by sharing such beautiful photographs of this pen. Wonderful review. Loved the expression Molten Sky...

Remember I said that I don't like medium nibs. Well it turned out that the pen grows on you. I wrote with Chelpark Ruby Red and Found that the pen wrote like a dream. I am looooovvvvviiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg it.... :D :D

Haha! Very joyful use of words there Mohit ji! Thanks a lot for your appreciation, for your review on the pen was my inspiration! I do believe there is some sorcery in the pen. It made me a poet and it made you love the medium nib! :D :D Jokes apart i am glad you started loving the nib. Now the joyride of enjoying the beauty is complete! :) :cloud9:

Edited by cjpandya

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cjpandya

• mrmohitmishra

• a_m

• perfaddict

They just can't get over the habit. :D :D :D :lol: :lol:

:D :D :D Exactly! They are like "Oh! the pen has a nib? Not a tip? you sure?.... :ninja: Okay, Go drill a hole in the cap"

On the other day I was watching one o

:D :D :D Exactly! They are like "Oh! the pen has a nib? Not a tip? you sure?.... :ninja: Okay, Go drill a hole in the cap"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Btw the other day I was watching one of the srebrown videos on you tube on G.O.A.T (Greatest of All Time) pens. He showed some pens whose body looked very similar to Oliver F27 . Watch it when you get some time.

On the other day I was watching one o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Btw the other day I was watching one of the srebrown videos on you tube on G.O.A.T (Greatest of All Time) pens. He showed some pens whose body looked very similar to Oliver F27 . Watch it when you get some time.

Sure! Actually, i had seen it. But that was quite a long time ago. Forgot what was there except the title! :D Will surely look it up again, now with more interest! ;)

Edited by cjpandya

Edison collier that was

http://www.gouletpens.com/ED-Collier-PersimmonSwirl/p/ED-Collier-PersimmonSwirl

This is available for 149$. That is around 1000. Website says that Collier is one of the most popular Edison pens. This one comes in Antique Marble, a glossy orange swirly resin, with a gold-plated clip and a two-tone #6 steel nib engraved with the Edison logo.

Edison collier that was

This is available for 149$. That is around 1000. Website says that Collier is one of the most popular Edison pens. This one comes in Antique Marble, a glossy orange swirly resin, with a gold-plated clip and a two-tone #6 steel nib engraved with the Edison logo.

The nib is same JoWo that ASA fits on its pens Revolution/Brahmaputra/Himalaya/Kaveri/Guru Shikhar

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

Edison collier that was

Yes. It is an amazing looker. I like the sliver marbled one.

Edited by cjpandya

The nib is same JoWo that ASA fits on its pens Revolution/Brahmaputra/Himalaya/Kaveri/Guru Shikhar

Yes! It is the same sir ji! But i noticed they do not mention that on their site. They say they are "Top Quality" German nibs. Maybe because they want the customers to think they are exclusive.

Edited by cjpandya

My point is that it is a pity that an equally gorgeous pen with almost same quality and much cheaper is being discontinued

. There are fountain pen lovers in India who could not appreciate the pen they had and would perhaps buy one Edison and pay

huge sum. Its a really commendable job that Asapens is doing..Thanks to them otherwise even I would not have known that the pen existed.

My point is that it is a pity that an equally gorgeous pen with almost same quality and much cheaper is being discontinued

. There are fountain pen lovers in India who could not appreciate the pen they had and would perhaps buy one Edison and pay

huge sum. Its a really commendable job that Asapens is doing..Thanks to them otherwise even I would not have known that the pen existed.

I agree with you. And ofcourse. ASApens is the ONLY reliable online source for us to get such high quality pens and also such gems as their inhouse pens. Without them we would have been among some of the other FP lovers, totally lost in the dark in the ever disappearing world of penmanship. They may not have all the pens ever made, but they do shine a light of hope for most of us who cannot scrounge every nook and every corner even if it is only to get to get a 100 rs FP. But I have a question; Is the oliver company only discontinuing the Fountain pen version or the whole line? i.e. the roller ball as well as the FP's in the acrylic series? Because that says a lot about the nature of the Indian pen market on the whole. Here, pens are like cars and trucks. They are the workhorses, nothing more, nothing less. They are required to get the job done. Nobody really cares about the history, or any of the stuff like that. That is what the majority of mentality is. A new model comes, the old one is just discarded. They are like classic cars, only a few appreciate the works of art they may be, only a few face that nostalgia and go out of their ways to buy them. Others, just carry on with their lives, unaware of a golden age that just passed them by.

Edited by cjpandya

These same pens were sold on ebay by some other sellers for USD 80 & people were buying them.

Oliver does produce various other FPs & BPs

I put my savings to test

The same pen

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acrylic-fountain-pen-Schmidt-iridium-point-full-chrome-parts-Blue-Black-/151239300426

Whereas ASA sells it internationally for USD 26 shipping inclded

Edited by a_m

I put my savings to test

These same pens were sold on ebay by some other sellers for USD 80 & people were buying them.

Oliver does produce various other FPs & BPs

Yes Sirji! This is an Indian seller. But only sells such high end indian pens out of india. Before coming across ASApens. I had asked him why doesnt he sells these good quality pens in India itself, online. Although he did not reply, i guess the answer is clear. He just wants money. He is a business man, not a lover of FP like Mr. Subramaniam. He also has some jinhao pens on ebay india for 3 times the cost. And also,there isnt much demand in india. And if people out of India can appreciate the pen and pay upto 6 times the original cost, Why wouldn't he sell there instead?

Edited by cjpandya

I agree, I have pointed this out in some other forums too. However, what I can not understand that why ASApens is not widening its catalogue. For example, I still find various Indian Pens of unknown brands being sold here on FPN at exorbitant rates. Why can't ASA sell them?

Edited by mrmohitmishra

I agree, I have pointed this out in some other forums too. However, what I can not understand that why ASApens is not widening its catalogue. For example, I still find various Indian Pens of unknown brands being sold here on FPN at exorbitant rates. Why can't ASA sell them?

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/256941-review-innovative-pen-from-india-the-guider-twins/ is an example

http://www.ebay.in/itm/FOUNTAIN-PENS-EXECUTIVE-PISTON-FILLING-DEMONSTRATOR-BLACK-BODY-MEDIUM-NIB-/231356639887?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item35ddee2a8f

Here, This is the fellowship neo. This same pen in white colour is sold on ASApens for 180rs. Whereas here the price by this seller is Rs.260!

What I have found is that on ebay the price is usually higher. Even the ASApens charge a little higher on ebay. Though they charge much much less than these sellers

I also found out that asapens is on ebay as well. http://www.ebay.in/itm/Jinhao-303-Fountain-Pen-OM-with-Omkar-and-Ganesha-for-Auspicious-Times-M-Nib-/261670544850?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item3cecc7a5d2

This pen on ASApens site is for Rs. 750 whereas on ebay it is for 850! :D I guess it is because of the commission that they need to pay Ebay for listing the products.

Haha! I read your post on ebay right now. Anyway, i agree with you about listing more pens. I guess we can Email Mr. Subramaniam regarding the matter. He can throw more light on the matter. Maybe the issue might be of getting the supplies in reasonable amount and rates.

• 2 weeks later...