The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Mebsons Arfa. A Vintage Indian Ed Pen? Help Needed

mebsons arfa vintage indian black ebonite eye dropper ed ambitious fine

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cjpandya

cjpandya

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2014 - 16:36

Hello fellow FPN members!

This is a documentation as well as "questionnaire"  post on one of the pens in my collection. The Mebsons Arfa.

I have not heard of this fountain pen brand and also my internet search did not yield any credible results as well.

I have two of mebsons pens of which i am sure about one that it is an ebonite pen, but the other, that is the one i am talking about right now; i am confused whether if it is an ebonite or a plastic pen.

I purchased both the pens from an old shop back in vadodara, Gujarat, India. Here are the pictures of the Mebsons Arfa, i will post the pictures of the other one in a follow-up post. I will be really pleased if i could get some help in identifiying the company as well as the pen itself.

15626990878_4f3c0124bd_z.jpg

15626997378_3b7d25abf6_z.jpg

15812310495_a2a27d7007_z.jpg

15626923768_4b609b9678_z.jpg

15627129347_0bff534137_z.jpg

15626570309_11fb8590a1_z.jpg

Edited by cjpandya, 17 November 2014 - 16:37.

Sponsored Content

#2 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,846 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2014 - 18:43

Mebsons is a name that I have seen on the board at one of the many pen shops that exist in Mumbai. The next time I am there, I will surely ask them about this company and post here If I get any information. Thanks for documenting the pens.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#3 cjpandya

cjpandya

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2014 - 19:04

Mebsons is a name that I have seen on the board at one of the many pen shops that exist in Mumbai. The next time I am there, I will surely ask them about this company and post here If I get any information. Thanks for documenting the pens.

Thanks a lot sir! Much appreciated! I am on the lookout myself. I have some pens that i cannot find any info on. Will surely document them in follow-up posts. Never knew that the Indian fountain pen industry was so vast. Almost everyday i come across a new pen brand or model. Ofcourse i am relatively new to the FP world and not a veteran like you but it still fascinates me how much treasure there is waiting for us to gets our hands on and preserve it for the generations yet to come! :)

Edited by cjpandya, 17 November 2014 - 19:04.

#4 cjpandya

cjpandya

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 November 2014 - 19:07

Sorry, I forgot to ask, what material do you think is it Mr. Hari?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mebsons, arfa, vintage, indian, black, ebonite, eye dropper, ed, ambitious, fine

Sponsored Content

|