Here is the summary of the dates and actions:
As I had noted that the pen leaked, in my panic on a business trip I purchased another Lamy2000 with the same EF nib from a brick and mortar store. Considering what I could have paid online, the price was fairly steep. On the other hand, they were helpful and I got to ogle other pens as well. Have to help out the brick and mortar stores as well.
Fast forward to this thread, and then the following:
- 17 November (Monday) - my initial contact to Lamy via their website
- 17 November (Monday) - automatic reply from the website thanking me for my message and asking for my patience before they reply
- 21 November (Friday the same week) - an actual person replies to me: send the pen over to Germany, they will fix it at no charge, I just have to pay the postage
- 24 November (Monday) - I send the pen
- 28 November (Friday) - the pen reaches Lamy, according to the tracking information
- I hear nothing from them
- 9 December (Tuesday) - I receive the pen back in Finland, fixed, nicely packaged but no notes or anything in the package
The have fixed the pen by replacing the section part of the pen with the post-2009 fully metallic section.
When I sent the pen, in my covering note I explained having bought another pen with the same EF nib as I thought this pen to be busted, and asked them whether they could consider swapping the nib to an F. I provided my telephone number and email just in case they wanted to discuss payment or something. They did not contact and they did not swap the nib. On the other hand, I considered it a long shot.
All in all, I am quite happy with the service.
But now I have two Lamy2000 with EF nib. The newer one is still on its first fill of Noodler's bulletproof black. I need to think about either selling it outright or somehow doing an exchange to a pen with different nib.
[Edit: actually, the first fill is Noodler's Zhivago to be exact, and not bulletproof black]
Edited by Tojusi, 10 December 2014 - 19:33.