The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Smoothest Lightweight Pen

smooth lightweight pens

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 ibrahim

ibrahim

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2015 - 13:45

KBeezie,

You are an encyclopedia with fountain pens. What do you do with all these wonderful pens? How do you get to use them all and enjoy them? Do you enjoy writing?  I appreciate your explanation that rakuten is like Amazon, and that you recommend Bunkidou on Rakuten. Did you find a difference between your 4 Pilots and your Platinum Century? Which is better? Smoother and no feedback? 

Edited by ibrahim, 10 November 2015 - 13:47.

Sponsored Content

#62 LuckyKate

LuckyKate

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2015 - 16:33

Kate, I am delighted you got things at such a bargain, and besides, he is in your area and it is noble of you to support him and give him business. Obviously he is a generous man and he deserves every bit of support and encouragement in his business and you are doing a great job with that. Excellent!

One question before I forget, Kate. Is that pen as smooth as Pilot Vanishing Point, so much so that you don't hear or feel any feedback? Buttery smooth? That is what I am personally after.

If anything the Custom 74 is smoother and just a bit finer than the Vanishing Point, though the VP is a touch springier I think. One of the nice things about buying from a store is that they inked up the pen after I bought it, so I could make sure it worked how I liked it.

Goulet will also make sure tines are adjusted and the flow as well. That's a main reason I like to buy from a store, as I don't fiddle with nibs myself. 

Edited by LuckyKate, 11 November 2015 - 16:34.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: smooth, lightweight, pens

Sponsored Content

|