The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Nibs, Clips, Etc.

parts restoration metaforum buy exchange

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kircher

kircher

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:54

Hello! Is there a section of the forum where people offer spare parts of pens like extra nibs, clips, etc. and where we can post our request to the other members of the community?

Sponsored Content

#2 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,847 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2014 - 04:13

That sounds like something for the Classifieds.  You need, IIRC, to have at least 30 posts under your belt and be a Gold member to access the Classifieds listings.  Hopefully one of the moderators will give you more complete info on that.

I don't look at the Classifieds all that often, myself, but I don't see why there wouldn't be such listings.  In fact, I should go check there myself -- I wasn't able to arrange for the repairs done that I had planned for at the Ohio Pen Show, so there are a few things I need to try and find at some point.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#3 balson

balson

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 November 2014 - 22:05

i have seen people request parts here in the repair forum before.  there are a lot of people who offer parts on their own website, fivestarpens and jakes pens comes to mind.  

#4 Hooker56

Hooker56

Maduro

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 November 2014 - 15:18

Besides what Balson mentions, try pentooling.com. Email Dale with specific needs. He has lots of parts that he doesn't list on his site. I've found several parts by doing this.

Good luck,

Clayton

"Not a Hooker Hooker, but rather a left-handed overwriter."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parts, restoration, metaforum, buy, exchange

Sponsored Content

|