The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sheaffer Targa 1065 Fluted With Australian Opal End Csp

targa sheaffer fluted opal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 clairdy

clairdy

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 November 2014 - 20:08

Hi

I have acquired what appears to be a Sheaffer Targa 1965 fluted pen with opal end cap.

how do I find out its value and if there would be any interest?

Regards
Claire

Attached Images

• Screenshot_2014-11-08-15-12-28.png

Sponsored Content

#2 barleycorn

barleycorn

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 November 2014 - 20:37

Hello Clarie:

Welcome to the Sheaffer forum.  The model you have is likely worth a little more than the standard 1005 pen.  It appears to be a slim model which won't work without a proper slim convertor or cartridges.  These can be difficult to find.  If you have not purchased this pen yet make sure the convertor is included.

As per FPN rules a forum is not the place to offer something for sale.   That is what the classifieds section is for.  Something is only worth what the buyer is willing to pay.

#3 Happy Harry

Happy Harry

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 21:17

Being a BP makes it less desirable than if it was a FP, still a nice item and I believe the opal comes from a place called Lightning Ridge. I have little idea of value but I recently purchased a cheaper model BP (mint Fashion) with opal for $30 for my wife, on that basis I'm thinking $50 maybe.  

#4 RMN

RMN

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,118 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 November 2014 - 21:29

Hi and welcome to FPN

Value is difficult to determine on the basis of pictures only.

The condition of the pen is important.

The best way to get an estimate of the price range is to search ebay for a similar item.

Price also could be influenced by your pictures. Very clear pictures from al sides of a pen in perfect edition will likely get higher biddings than if the pictures are poor, and bidders are taking a gamble on the quality of the item.

If you are interested on selling here through our classifieds, you must be a gold member which you will become after 30 days of membership AND 30 relevant posts in the forums (excluding Chatter)

Enjoy the forum

D.ick

~

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: targa, sheaffer, fluted, opal

Sponsored Content

|