Lamy 81 & 281 - Set

JF_LAMY Collection

Dear all,

After some time, today I would like to present to you the LAMY 81 & 281 set from my favourite LAMY profil line.

Hope you like these.

Unfortunately, I am unable to upload pictures for some time now, so here is the link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lamy_fp/sets/

or:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lamy_fp/sets/72157648932905056/

Kind regards,

Jan

My FLICKR account.

Please see my collection here:

LAMY_17_special; LAMY_42_Lady_-_set; LAMY_67P; LAMY_74_dialog3; LAMY_80_special; LAMY_81;_281_profil_-_set;

C._Josef_Lamy_GmbH;

1979_LAMY_Fachhandels_Katalog; LAMY_Vintage_Advertisements;

Montblanc_254;

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JF_LAMY Collection

• English John

• Tigerfox

• freewheelingvagabond

Thanks for sharing these photos- that nib must be an absolute charm to write with!

Hello Freewheelingvagabond,

My daily writer is mostly the LAMY 80 profil with a medium nib, and it really is sweet. Beautifully smooth, wet writer. One of my favourites. Had one with a BB nib once, and it was even better. Have no idea why I put it away ... :(

Kind regards,

Jan

Nice! I really like the vintage Lamys. I have one Lamy 27 with BB nib, and definitely want to expand that collection :)

Never pick a fight with people who buy ink by the barrel.

~ Mark Twain

----------------

Pen and Inkstagram!

Dear Cellardoor04,

Go for it. There are plenty of vintage LAMY models, and I love every new one in my collection.

Very reliable and elegant ...

Kind regards,

Jan

My FLICKR account.

LAMY_17_special; LAMY_42_Lady_-_set; LAMY_67P; LAMY_74_dialog3; LAMY_80_special; LAMY_81;_281_profil_-_set;

C._Josef_Lamy_GmbH;

1979_LAMY_Fachhandels_Katalog; 1997_LAMY_Fachhandels_Katalog;

LAMY_Vintage_Advertisements;

Montblanc_254;

• 2 weeks later...

I have just bought a Lamy 80 today at the Sheffield pen show. I didn't really know what it was, but it reminded me of the MB 220.

It looks really good, but I don't know when it was produced. Do you know whether it was made at the same time as the Lamy 2000?

Hello English John,

Congratulations!

I am sure, you will like the pen. What nib does the pen has?

For more information, please check here:

1) GREAT article by Christof:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/126523-article-about-the-lamy-profil-series/

2) some pictures here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lamy_fp/sets/72157645448572095/

3) and also here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lamy_fp/sets/72157646537998555/

Kind regards,

Jan

My FLICKR account.

C._Josef_Lamy_GmbH;

Montblanc_254;

It has a Medium, which is nice and soft. I have a problem to solve however , because it appears to leak around the top of the silver trim of the section. I have to decide whether to send it to someone, or try to repair it myself. If I can sort it out , it will be a very nice to use every day.

Hello English John,

Au! That might be a problem. Take a look at this picture:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lamy_fp/14542317254/in/set-72157645448572095

Try to take the pen apart as shown on the picture and you will see. The section should be in one piece; however, it is possible that it is broken. That you will not see until you take out the feed. Please soak the pen in water first.

This unfortunately happened to me. Sent it to LAMY, but they were not able to help me. Also remember, that there are at least two types of LAMY 80 profil. These look alike, but one is slightly narrower, and therefore the parts are not interchangeable ...

Try to post a picture of the pen, will see if I can help.

Kind regards,

Jan

My FLICKR account.

C._Josef_Lamy_GmbH;

Montblanc_254;

Hi Jan

I will take a picture tonight , before I attempt to dismantle it !

Thanks for your help.

John

Hello English John,

Thanks for the pictures. Now, is there an “L” on the cap? Also, did you take the pen apart or found out where the leak is coming from?

Kind regards,

Jan

My FLICKR account.

C._Josef_Lamy_GmbH;

Montblanc_254;

Hi Jan

Yes, there is an "L" on the cap. I haven't taken it apart yet - I'm not sure of where to start. Can you advise?

I do know that the leak is seeping out between the section and the top part of the silver ring around the section

Thanks

John

Hello English John,

OK, I think I do have a spare part for this type if needed. To take the pen apart, unscrew the front section, slide the nib forward and put it aside. Then, press the tip (you can use a paperclip) which you will see after the nib is gone and slide the feed out. Then you will see if there is any damage to the pen.

I will check if I have spare parts for this pen to send you in case of need ...

Kind regards,

Jan

My FLICKR account.

C._Josef_Lamy_GmbH;

Montblanc_254;

post-114316-0-98593400-1416936241_thumb.jpg

I think the problem is that the ink is seeping under the silver ring , so I should try to seal the join with some waterproof marine sealant.

What do you think?

Also, my section is not quite the same as yours , and the tip of the feed is not separate.

John

Dear English John,

I don´t believe the pens are different. I once had a PROFIL series pen, and from the outside it looked fine. When I took it apart, and took the feed out, the section was broken into two pieces. This you can´t see until you take the feed out, because the feed with the “hook” on the top which fits in the tiny hole keeps it together.

I will try to send you a picture of what I have in mind. There also might be something lost in my translation, sorry for that.

Your pen looks to be in an excellent condition, there might also just be a missing seal, or something not very difficult to replace. I will check for the spare parts, but you should take it apart anyway. I am not sure about the sealant ... J

Kind regards,

Jan

My FLICKR account.

C._Josef_Lamy_GmbH;

Montblanc_254;

Dear English John,

Does the ink leaks from the side the red or the green arrow is pointing at?

Kind regards,

Jan

post-114316-0-13987600-1416950795.jpg

Hi Jan

It is leaking from the red side of the collar

I managed to remove the feed , and it looks fine.

I will send a picture of the parts, but it is the leak at the collar where the red arrow is pointing

Cheers

John

Dear English John,

Well, I have not seen this before.

Let me check if I have a spare part to send you one ...

Kind regards,

Jan