• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tas

• Cyber6

• Art

• amberleadavis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are they in stock anywhere at this point in the U.S.? I waited some and now not seeing any for immediate delivery. Goulet is sold out, Pen Boutique taking pre-orders, not on Goldspot web site................help! :)

Edited by deenurse

I believe Vanness has them.

C.

Thanks. I checked the site and they have them and 2 of the 3 I'm looking for; I'm checking with them for the Safari which wasn't there at this point.

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't been able to lay hands on Blue Velvet yet, but got a bottle of Regency Blue from Vanness last week. What a great color!

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

• 3 weeks later...

For $15, it is not terrible, although I am not impressed at all with the Diamine inks I bought myself. I am a sucker for special editions and cool bottles.

I tested the Carnival with a sample from GouletPencompany. I am a red hue lover. I was not impressed. It was darker than it appeared on screen, or as I expected by its name; it was also dry for my taste, and not at all indicative of its name.

Montblanc Corn Poppy, which seems in the same range of red, looks better and has some pop to it in terms of overall color. Also, there are others which probably represent in red color range better in the Diamine line, in my opinion. The Carnivial just doesn't seem to deliver as a 150th Anniversary Ink representing something special.

Ea Alis Volat Propiis, per/Repletus Fontis Calamus!
She Flies by Her Own Wings, with filled Fountain Pen

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

Have been writing with Regency Blue a good bit--very well-behaved and a magnificent color, unlike anything else I have seen. Gave up on waiting for US suppliers to get stocks in, so ordered Blue Velvet and a second bottle of Regency Blue direct from Diamine--shipping wasn't very costly. Probably will try the Blue-Black as well. My tastes have been gravitating toward darker blues for some reason, and also toward blue-blacks, as long as they don't have a teal/green component.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Guessing over priced for what you get. Hope that the green is more stable than the "Sherwood Green" I had.

Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse reasons hath diverse names. -- T. Hobbes - Leviathan

I got all of them as a gift for Christmas. I'm delighted with all of them but I'm very taken with Silver Fox with a nice flexible nib. The Safari and Terracotta are next.

I like them so well I had a friend make me a lazy susan. It's pretty cool and looks great on my desk. post-116532-0-68092900-1423288387_thumb.jpg

Penlust, that's beautiful! I want one!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I want all the things x_x

Penlust, that's a great idea. Your friend should look at making them available via Etsy or something similar. I'm sure there's a few us here who'd like to buy one.

Toodle pip<BR><BR><BR>

I got all of them as a gift for Christmas. I'm delighted with all of them but I'm very taken with Silver Fox with a nice flexible nib. The Safari and Terracotta are next.

I like them so well I had a friend make me a lazy susan. It's pretty cool and looks great on my desk. attachicon.gifimage.jpg

LOVE the lazy susan!

vanness1938@sbcglobal.net

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae327/VintagePen/vanness.jpg
Selling fountain pens, ink, paper & related items since 1938

Thank you Vanness! My ink gift came from your store and I thank you very much for helping steer my step daughter in a such a decadent direction. She is pen novice and was a little overwhelmed. She made me very happy!

My friend does have an Etsy shop. It's THEOLDPUEBLOWORKSHOP. I'm not sure he has them on Etsy but I'm sure he'd take on order. It would probably display a circle of ink on your counter.

I hope to be able to visit your store in person sometime this year.

Darned auto correct!

Edited by Penlust

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for the review! i am so totally getting the blue black & regency blue... that Safari.... may need it too

• 1 month later...

The blue velvet and the terracotta really appeal to me. They would be used on different paper, for different purposes, and would probably take care of all my needs for the foreseeable future. Can anyone tell me the price point in the US, and where it can be easily found...

The blue velvet and the terracotta really appeal to me. They would be used on different paper, for different purposes, and would probably take care of all my needs for the foreseeable future. Can anyone tell me the price point in the US, and where it can be easily found...

These are available many places--Diamine inks are popular. Without looking around for the best price you can get them here for $16: http://www.gouletpens.com/diamine-bottled-ink/c/50/?facetValueFilter=price%3A15.95

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog | My Creative Writing Blog | My Heraldry Designs

http://dcroe05.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crestdr.png?w=100