New Diamine 150Th Anniversary Inks!

The Good Captain

Anniversary Collection – on release from 17th November 2014.

To celebrate 150 years of the Diamine brand they have created the “Anniversary Collection”.

The new triangular design ink bottles contain 40ml and will be available in eight stunning

colours: these bottles when collected can be arranged into a beautiful round desk display. I haven't been given any notification of price point yet but unlike the previous two Diamine collections, all these new inks will be available separately from the start.

AND there are possible rumours of additional colours in the future!

As usual, my scans are of dip-tested writing, using Lamy Safari pens with M nibs. I use a small sable paintbrush for the 'swatches' but don't re-dip the brush between each one. The paper is my normal Rhodia 80gsm dot grid A5.

Diamine 1864 Blue Black

fpn_1414489109__diamine_150th_1864_blue-

As you might expect, this is my favourite of all the Anniversary inks. A wonderful, rich dark blue-black with plenty of character. Obviously suitable for business and personal use and when compared alongside a black ink, 1864 definitely isn't! Fabulous!

Diamine Silver Fox

fpn_1414489136__diamine_150th_silver_fox

This is a mid grey in my opinion and although not one of my favourite 'colours' this one from Diamine will almost certainly be a winner. Along with Graphite, it will certainly find its way into my collection.

Diamine Regency Blue

fpn_1414489149__diamine_150th_regency_bl

A wonderful, deep blue which is nice and rich. Plenty of character and this again could be used for business and personal writing. Diamine have been careful not to make these inks similar to any others of their range and I can't compare it to any at all. Obviously, others out there might well liken them to others by different manufacturers but that's all part of the fun, isn't it?!

Diamine Safari

fpn_1414489160__diamine_150th_safari.jpg

What can one say? The 'missing link' between Salamander and Evergreen! A fantastic colour and one which will definitely get into the Limoges collection. My joint second-favourite, it reminds me of that wonderful 'bush' grass colour and if I had to compare this one, I'd say it was like Epinard. But I could be wrong...!

Diamine Carnival

fpn_1414489182__diamine_150th_carnival.j

Gorgeous red – if that's your bag! I don't use them as a rule but have to say that this ink and colour impressed me a lot. I can imagine it being popular and, along with Ciamine/Cult Pens Deep Dark Red, could well complete my collection at this part of the spectrum.

Diamine Blue Velvet

fpn_1414489198__diamine_150th_blue_velve

This wonderful ink is my second-favourite of the set; but only just and by the proverbial gnat's whisker! Bright and cheerful are the best words I can use to describe it and I just love it. It seems to be between Aster and Cornflower from the Flower set and it fits in that gap nicely. A lovely blue and my second favourite of the set.

Diamine Terracotta

fpn_1414489215__diamine_150th_terracotta

This one has grown on me since I did the test and have typed this out. Not too pale at all and even dipped and on Rhodia it seems to shade quite well. Not that that bothers me in the slightest. A good colour but not one of my usual ranges.

Diamine Tropical Green

fpn_1414489228__diamine_150th_tropical_g

A good mid green with just a hint towards the blue side, according to my eyes. I bet it would look great on ivory or yellow/legal paper. It could be the only green to get if that's a colour that you hadn't considered before.

As I mentioned, these eight inks are being sold separately and that is going to be a real bonus for Diamine. A newly-designed and hand-illustrated box with ink colour label completes the packaging. Each bottle is labelled uniquely, with the colour on the label and side panels which are printed on the sides of the boxes although that isn't quite clear from the photograph, supplied by Diamine.)

fpn_1415460217__150th_anniversary_bottle

This example is for the 1864 Blue Black.

Finally, as if we didn't know, the inks have been developed to celebrate the 150th Anniversary.

fpn_1415460232__150_year.jpg

May we all wish Diamine well - a wonderful British achievement!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tas

• Cyber6

• Art

• amberleadavis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice... Looking forward to learning the price point. Not sure I'll be looking for the whole set, though. Regency Blue and Safari are particularly intriguing.

Sun%20Hemmi2.jpg

Pretty pretty!

I'm liking the Blue Velvet - one can't have too many blues! :P

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

I think they all have potential.

From a quick look, I would say the only one I may not have enough use of would be Carnival, and possibly tropical green.

The Blues look fantastic, safari intriguing, and Silver fox depending on how light it is could be a good choice.

I normally dont rush to buy new inks, but since it is Diamine's anniversary, I would like to support them.....

I am going to take a guess at a price point and say around £5-£6, which is expensive for Diamine's ink in the UK(for 40ml, since an 80ml bottle is £6), but since it is an anniversary ink, I think it will be a bit of a premium....

Thanks for the post Captain!

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

I need another bottle of green-brown ink like I need a hole in my head. So I'll get started now trying to justify how Safari is different enough that I have to have it. The "missing link" theory should fit the bill nicely... :)

I had been wondering what this year's set would be. Oh heck, we have just sworn off buying any more ink ...

Pretty pretty!

I'm liking the Blue Velvet - one can't have too many blues! :P

~Epic

+1

I also like the Tropical Green.

Diderot

Oh my... here we go again.... Safari and TerraCota are calling my name.... :wub: :wub:

I think I need them all.. :P

C.

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Thank you for posting these very helpful writing samples! Of course I go straight for the blues :doh: That Blue Velvet looks beautiful so I think that's the one I'll be trying first :)

PS On my screen, the Blue Regency looks like it could be pretty close to the J. Herbin 1670 Bleu Ocean, which is one of my favorite inks

WOW, thank you for the comparisons.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I went to go buy... and they were not there. So, I had to come back and look. OH... there they aren't..not until 11/17.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

WhichWatch... let's not go crazy here...

Unless you are sending me your entire collection? Then you can buy more ink.

NOOOOOO!

I haven't gotten through trying out all the Flower Collection ink yet. And now they're coming out with a *new* set? :wallbash: My husband *already* thinks I have too much ink....

Not sure I'd have a use for Safari, and Tropical Green doesn't wow me -- but the others look yummy. :drool:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I do like that BB. I wonder how it compares to Denim and Cult's DDB, my two current BBs. If it's similar, I'd have a hard time paying a premium for an odd-shaped bottle and unique label and box. If it's unique, I'd hope they'd continue it in the std line up. Have they said that these will only be offered for a set period of time or that only so many bottles of which will ever be produced?

Is it just me or is the Blue Velvet pretty close to the much-loved and three times as expensive Iroshizuku Asa-gao? If they've got that ink's good looks and properties, they could have a winner right there.

I am resisting the idea that I need all of them just to make the bottles line up. And clearly I'd need a bundt pan to keep them in.

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts