The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Cracked Lip Repair On Parker Duofold

parker duofold repair lip

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mrbuffy

Mrbuffy

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 15:43

Hi - thought I'd share some photos of an excellent repair carried out by Peter Crook of Carneil Pens in Kirkcaldy, Scotland.

I had been after a blue marble Parker Duofold (1990s) for some time, and got one from eBay. When it arrived, I discovered the lip was cracked, which apparently happens quite often due to overzealous cap tightening.

The original lip is blue marble, like the rest of the cap except the top. Peter informed me that only black lips are available, so I went with that. I'm actually very happy with the result, I think it looks as good as the original. The black lip matches the top of the cap, and mirrors the black ends of the pen itself.

I've attached some photos of the repair. Many thanks to Carneil pens for a great job.

IMAG1610.jpg

IMAG1611.jpg

IMAG1612.jpg

IMAG1613.jpg

IMAG1614.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,710 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 November 2014 - 18:06

Nice! The black cap lip does look good, like that is the way it should have been to start with ! Congrats!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker, duofold, repair, lip

Sponsored Content

|