The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Noodler's Pima Tortoise Material Is Gorgeous...

noodlers ahab pima tortoise apache tortoise tortoise

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mhphoto

mhphoto

Antique

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 November 2014 - 21:08

I've always been a huge fan of Noodler's and Nathan, but they've always been undeniably drab in their color offerings for me. But I want more of these deep, luscious tortoise materials.

Attached Images

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 AlejoPlay

AlejoPlay

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2014 - 19:13

You're making me want one!

#3 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,842 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2014 - 19:22

Wow.  Is that new?  I don't remember that color before.  What models does it come on?  Please say FPC or Konrad -- or maybe not, I've kinda blown the discretionary budget for the time being....  :wallbash: 

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#4 penrivers

penrivers

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:10

Perhaps we are living in a very nostalgic environment here in fpn, maybe we don't know but now it is a golden age of new modern fountain pens and we ignore it yet, I think specialy in Italian, German and Chinese production. This Nathan sure will be a classic in 80 years from now.

Edited by penrivers, 14 November 2014 - 07:12.

#5 fasthall

fasthall

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:19

I can confirm that!
o9miLK5.jpg

#6 AlejoPlay

AlejoPlay

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 868 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 November 2014 - 03:21

I just want you to know you enabled me and I just ordered one of these (and a Ghostly Lapis Konrad). 

#7 oshizemi

oshizemi

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:13

I want one now. This is the Ahab model, too big for my hands. But this material really looks beautiful in photos.
"Do you know the legend about cicadas? They say they are the souls of poets who cannot keep quiet because, when they were alive, they never wrote the poems they wanted to."

#8 LuckyKate

LuckyKate

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 December 2014 - 21:06

I just got the pima tortoise and filled it with Stormy Grey. The pen is really beautiful and the nib and feed work great. I'm super happy with it.

The ink has no gold yet (am hoping once I use up some of the ink more gold flecks will appear on the page--for now I can't get my syringe or pipette in the ink fast enough to get any sparkle). But it is really a perfect degree of lubrication for this pen and I am a big fan of dark grey inks.

I think it's a great combo and will be even more so as I get down to the bottom of the bottle and the nib gets a bit broken in.

#9 NewPenMan

NewPenMan

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 952 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 16:02

Just discovered this material in Ahab myself. No clue why tortoise seems so rare in modern pens..it *always* looks great. Have one of these on order and it will become my main writing pen. can't wait to ink it up and will have 8 or so inks to choose from!

Franklin-Christoph Stabilis 66 and Pocket 40: both with Matsuyama CI | Karas Kustoms Aluminum, Daniel Smith CI | Italix Parson's Essential and Freshman's Notator | Pilot Prera | Pilot Metropolitan | Lamy Safari, 1.1mm italic | Muji "Round Aluminum Pen" | Waterman Phileas | Noodler's Konrad | Nemosine Singularity 0.6mm stub | ASA Nauka, acrylic and ebonite | Gama Hawk | Wality Airmail | Noodlers Ahab | TWSBI GO | Noodlers Charlie | Pilot Plumix |

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noodlers, ahab, pima tortoise, apache tortoise, tortoise

Sponsored Content

|