• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PrestoTenebroso

• Cryptos

• RMN

• dork

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gee Pierre, didn't some jerk from Texas tell you that you will sell everyone you build? Its like I'm a Fortune Cookie or something!

Pierre builds great pens. If any adjustment is needed it is described in his manual.

If you want to buy a truly flexible modern pen that just flat out works, you have but one choice. Desiderata. Priced well, actually cheaper than they should be.

I have some flex fountain pens, so I have a base to compare to. My Blackbird has a MT 14k EF full flex. It is the closest in perfomance to the Daedalus. The FPR and Noodlers are cheap basic designs that require much tinkering to make work properly, even after the nib and feed mods, they don't compare to a Desiderata pen.

You will set your other pens aside and probably buy at least one more Desiderata.

Thanks Pierre. I for one appreciate your hard work and ingenuity. Your work is definitely first rate. Thank you for giving us pens instead of promises. You've done well.

Paul A very satisfied customer

BTW If you'd like one of these you may wish to hurry. They sell out very quickly.

Edited by kidde

"Nothing is impossible, even the word says 'I'm Possible!'" Audrey Hepburn

BTW If you'd like one of these you may wish to hurry. They sell out very quickly.

No joke! I went back to get the cocobolo and it was already sold out. Noooo :(

At any rate, my particular pen came with the nib and feed stuck pretty far in. It was a very snug fit! However, writing with the nib like that felt very--I don't know quite how to explain it--constrained (?) to me, especially since I was used to using the G nib in a pen holder. So I pulled the nib and feed out a bit more to remedy that. I was slightly worried that having those two be less snug would result in some sort of ink leakage, but it didn't happen. After that, the flex of the nib felt a lot more natural to me and it was very similar to what I was used to. :D

My Diamine inks seem to dislike this pen, but my Iroshizuku and J. Herbin ones flow sooo smoothly through this. It's a bit unfortunate since Ancient Copper has incredible shading, but oh well. Regardless, this has very quickly become one of my favorite pens! :)

Some inks just handle better than others in certain pens. I used diamine Sargasso Sea and Wild Strawberry in one of them and they look lovely. But those are more sheen inks than shaders. Ancient copper might need some nib/feed alignment tuning/tweaking to get the best shading. You could give that a try.

No joke! I went back to get the cocobolo and it was already sold out. Noooo :(

At any rate, my particular pen came with the nib and feed stuck pretty far in. It was a very snug fit! However, writing with the nib like that felt very--I don't know quite how to explain it--constrained (?) to me, especially since I was used to using the G nib in a pen holder. So I pulled the nib and feed out a bit more to remedy that. I was slightly worried that having those two be less snug would result in some sort of ink leakage, but it didn't happen. After that, the flex of the nib felt a lot more natural to me and it was very similar to what I was used to. :D

My Diamine inks seem to dislike this pen, but my Iroshizuku and J. Herbin ones flow sooo smoothly through this. It's a bit unfortunate since Ancient Copper has incredible shading, but oh well. Regardless, this has very quickly become one of my favorite pens! :)

For anyone interested, the Brause 361 Blue Pumpkin & the Brause 66 Extra Fine Arrow don't fit. The 361 leans away from the feed & I just plain underestimated the small size of the 66.

The Brause 67 does fit, albeit with some tweaking. When you push the nib & feed into the section, the tines tend to spread apart. I fixed this by pressing the tip top-down to bend the tines back together some. It's touchy, though. The fine lines are a tad thicker, but you can get fantastic flex. Ink flow is erratic, which could be blamed on the ink, the tweaked nib, or some combination of the two.

Poussiere de Lune seems to flow well enough with the G. Ambre de Birmanie gave me some trouble, but after loading it in some other pens, it seems to be just a ridiculously wet ink. Liberty's Elysium I've only used so far with the 67. I can only say it worked great when it flowed. When it doesn't, it's a mess. I've gone from looking like I'm healing from horrible bruising to murdering Cookie Monster, but it's been fun.

I'll mess with the 67 a bit more to see what can be done, but I'll be switching back to a G again soon.

Edited by NinthSphere

Gee Pierre, didn't some jerk from Texas tell you that you will sell everyone you build? Its like I'm a Fortune Cookie or something!

Pierre builds great pens. If any adjustment is needed it is described in his manual.

If you want to buy a truly flexible modern pen that just flat out works, you have but one choice. Desiderata. Priced well, actually cheaper than they should be.

I have some flex fountain pens, so I have a base to compare to. My Blackbird has a MT 14k EF full flex. It is the closest in perfomance to the Daedalus. The FPR and Noodlers are cheap basic designs that require much tinkering to make work properly, even after the nib and feed mods, they don't compare to a Desiderata pen.

You will set your other pens aside and probably buy at least one more Desiderata.

Thanks Pierre. I for one appreciate your hard work and ingenuity. Your work is definitely first rate. Thank you for giving us pens instead of promises. You've done well.

Paul A very satisfied customer

I do seem to remember the most Charming Texan in the World telling me I wasn't charging enough. He was very kind! You're welcome. I just wanted a particular pen, and I had to make it myself. I'm just happy anyone else is interested in it.

For anyone interested, the Brause 361 Blue Pumpkin & the Brause 66 Extra Fine Arrow don't fit. The 361 leans away from the feed & I just plain underestimated the small size of the 66.

The Brause 67 does fit, albeit with some tweaking. When you push the nib & feed into the section, the tines tend to spread apart. I fixed this by pressing the tip top-down to bend the tines back together some. It's touchy, though. The fine lines are a tad thicker, but you can get fantastic flex. Ink flow is erratic, which could be blamed on the ink, the tweaked nib, or some combination of the two.

Poussiere de Lune seems to flow well enough with the G. Ambre de Birmanie gave me some trouble, but after loading it in some other pens, it seems to be just a ridiculously wet ink. Liberty's Elysium I've only used so far with the 67. I can only say it worked great when it flowed. When it doesn't, it's a mess. I've gone from looking like I'm healing from horrible bruising to murdering Cookie Monster, but it's been fun.

I'll mess with the 67 a bit more to see what can be done, but I'll be switching back to a G again soon.

Please let us know how it performs.

Camera is down atm, but I made some comparison scans. All are on Rhodia.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/318/4/d/d_sample_adb_g_by_voidelemental-d86g99f.jpg

Zebra G with J. Herbin Ambre de Birmanie. Wet, wet ink.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/318/4/5/d_sample_pdl_g_by_voidelemental-d86ga0a.jpg

Zebra G with J. Herbin Poussiere de Lune. Comes out dark, but with more color definition than this scan shows.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/318/d/a/d_sample_le_b67_by_voidelemental-d86gaub.jpg

Brause 67 Rose with Noodler's Liberty's Elysium. Killer flex & I never ran into railroading issues, just periodic cessation of ink flow (& the occasional catch on the upstroke, as you can see on the last s).

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/318/6/7/thanks_pierre_by_voidelemental-d86gcfl.jpg

You've given me yet another time sink. ;)

Those look very nice!

For anyone interested in getting one of my pens and trying out new nibs, I want to say that while it was not my intention to create a pen that needed tinkering, it's nice to know that a user has a–flexible–series of options.

Hioooooo!!!!

Camera is down atm, but I made some comparison scans. All are on Rhodia.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/318/4/d/d_sample_adb_g_by_voidelemental-d86g99f.jpg

Zebra G with J. Herbin Ambre de Birmanie. Wet, wet ink.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/318/4/5/d_sample_pdl_g_by_voidelemental-d86ga0a.jpg

Zebra G with J. Herbin Poussiere de Lune. Comes out dark, but with more color definition than this scan shows.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/318/d/a/d_sample_le_b67_by_voidelemental-d86gaub.jpg

Brause 67 Rose with Noodler's Liberty's Elysium. Killer flex & I never ran into railroading issues, just periodic cessation of ink flow (& the occasional catch on the upstroke, as you can see on the last s).

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/318/6/7/thanks_pierre_by_voidelemental-d86gcfl.jpg

You've given me yet another time sink. ;)

Thanks. I'm a bit rusty, since I don't pull out the cursive too often anymore, but I think they came out ok.

I'm not sure what else I'd try. Anything with a bowl shape is obvioiusly out, including "falcon" style dip nibs. Maybe another Rose for when I inevitably destroy this one. The Gs are definitely the fool-proof option.

Just ordered a Bubinga pen. I play recorders, and one of my favourite instruments is a Bubinga one. Can't wait to try this! :D

UK-based pen fan. I love beautiful ink bottles, sealing wax, scented inks, and sending mail art. Also, thanks to a wonderful custom-ground nib by forum member Bardiir, I'm currently attempting calligraphy after years of not being able to do so due to having an odd pen-grip :D

Ah wow! Have you ever tried making a recorder or any sort of flute, with your wood-turning skills? :D

I play all the other smaller sizes of recorder but nothing bigger than the tenor (I mainly play solo stuff on the alto). Basses - and their even bigger brothers - sound awesome!

UK-based pen fan. I love beautiful ink bottles, sealing wax, scented inks, and sending mail art. Also, thanks to a wonderful custom-ground nib by forum member Bardiir, I'm currently attempting calligraphy after years of not being able to do so due to having an odd pen-grip :D

I am a cheater. I play Native American flutes. No skill required to sound at least pleasing to the ear - just as well as I have no skills (lucky me, hehe!). And although I promote the Desiderata Pen Company to whoever sounds interested in some flex, I have stopped looking at the site. Pierre, your creations would tempt the Devil himself. Dangerous pens!

I am a cheater. I play Native American flutes. No skill required to sound at least pleasing to the ear - just as well as I have no skills (lucky me, hehe!). And although I promote the Desiderata Pen Company to whoever sounds interested in some flex, I have stopped looking at the site. Pierre, your creations would tempt the Devil himself. Dangerous pens!

Thanks, Cryptos. I guess I picked a good name for the company. ;-)

I thought that might be fun some day, but my cheap plastic one will do me just fine for the moment. I gotta hurry up and sell some pens before Christmastime! I love the King-Sized woodwinds.

Ah wow! Have you ever tried making a recorder or any sort of flute, with your wood-turning skills? :D

I play all the other smaller sizes of recorder but nothing bigger than the tenor (I mainly play solo stuff on the alto). Basses - and their even bigger brothers - sound awesome!

Edited by PrestoTenebroso

The hand-cut ebonite feed is really impressive -- great ink delivery.

This is by far the most fun I've had with a modern pen in a very long time. I hope you can keep making these pens so that other folks can share in the joy.