The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

A Pelikan Lever Filler? Or Some Other Bird!

lever filler pelikan accountant nib

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ben Looijesteijn

Ben Looijesteijn

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 November 2014 - 13:05

Dear FPN-ers,

I recently restored an old bakelite lever filler fountain pen that, to my surprise, held a Pelikan nib. A firm XF nib as shown on picture. There is no flex whatsoever in the nib. I believe they call this an accountant nib.
The big question is: does it belong to this pen or not? And if not, what is the make of the pen? There are no identification marks on it at all. I've never seen a Pelikan lever filler before, so it must be a mix of brands. Or am I wrong?

Thanks for any suggestion!
Ben

Attached Images

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Ben Looijesteijn

Ben Looijesteijn

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 November 2014 - 13:07

Here is a better picture of the nib...

Attached Images

• image.jpg

#3 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,423 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 13:26

If and it is possible Pelikan made a lever pen from before @1929 when they bought up the patent for the Piston pen, the nib's breather hole would be heart shaped, in Pelikan bought it's nibs originally from MB.

Soennecken and MB had to dragged screaming and kicking into piston pens, after Pelikan brought out the piston pen.

It looks much later than 1928, looks early '50's because of the short cap top.

Just a Pelikan nib on a no name.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson, 01 November 2014 - 13:29.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

#4 akmac

akmac

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 November 2014 - 13:26

The only early Pelikans I've heard of that weren't piston fillers had the bulb-filling mechanism instead. These usually had some marking identifying them as products of the Gunther Wagner factory. The feed on your pen also looks rather different than those used by Pelikan at the time. Given those, I would concur that someone did indeed put a Pelikan 100(N) nib on some other, possibly non-German pen as a replacement part.

#5 Yehenara

Yehenara

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 14:17

Looks like a Pelikan nib on a non-Pelikan pen. 

#6 Ben Looijesteijn

Ben Looijesteijn

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 November 2014 - 14:52

Hi and thanks to you all! It's what I thought as well. A bit af a disappointment to be honest. Nevertheless a very smooth writer! And a pen-with-a-story. Much like this duo. What to think of this. A parker vacumetic(?) cap and matching nib on a piston filler! People do weird things...

Attached Images

• image.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lever filler, pelikan accountant nib

Sponsored Content

|