Reasonably Priced Delta Pens On Ebay

cjbrown34

I purchased a Dolcevita Soiree Media from them a week ago. It arrived today, but, unfortunately, the feed is damaged. It looks as though it's been dropped or something; the leading edge is chipped, and the nib is very loose in the pen. I have initiated a request for replacement, so we'll see how it goes. I really hope they come through, because the pen is a real stunner.

Edited by mtnbiker62

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cjbrown34

• pp763

• 4lex

• freeboy

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

I just bought two delta pens from this seller. Everything went perfectly well. My pens arrived in less than 48 h, they were in immaculate condition and wrote very well just out of the box. Incredible value for money IMHO.

Regards

“Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.”

Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Ok its two weeks of constant writing and everything is wonderful. The ink glistens on the paper. The new pens have no problems. The prior issue of leak when used as a dropper filled is gone. Very pleased.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought two pens from Marte Modena recently and both are GREAT! Prices were unbelievably low so I was skeptical until I had them inked. I'll be buying more from them for sure!

A few months ago I purchased a pen case from this seller's Italian eBay account. It arrived quickly and the packaging was still sealed. I would not hesitate to do business with them again.

• 4 months later...

I contacted Delta and they assured me its a genuine seller. So I proceeded to get Delta Capri Marina Grande FP for me and Dolcevita rollerball for my son. The pens I got so far were ok

Update... After a while I noticed there was some impurity in the Dolcevita resin. With some difficulty I managed to polish out what looked like a piece of dirt in the resin. I am not buying more pens from them. Either Delta pens are of "FIAT" quality or they are selling on those with manufacturing defects.

Inked: Sailor King Pro Gear, Sailor Nagasawa Proske, Sailor 1911 Standard, Parker Sonnet Chiselled Carbon, Parker 51, Pilot Custom Heritage 92, Platinum Preppy

I have purchase 7 Delta's from martemodena on eBay. Latest was a Indigenous People's pen for $33. Posting was wrong but I received in 2 days with no issues. All these Delta's are great. You can see them on youtube, my channel is chrisrap52.

My question is the large number of limited editions that they are selling for a pittance are from various years even as old as 2005. Where are these from. Does delta keep a large inventory of new old stock? Im not knocking it as ive bought 2 and will buy 2 more within the next 6 weeks.

<strong class='bbc'>Current Pens</strong>Montblanc 161, 162, 146 Solitaire Silver Barley BB, 146P EF, 149 OBB, Generation BP, Solitaire Steel Doue BP Waterman Edson M, Omas 360 L.E Vintage 2013 B, Omas Paragon HT B, Platinum President B, Pilot Custom 74 B, Sailor King Profit Ebonite B

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a DolceVita medium with M/fusion nib and piston filler from their website directly. Man there is so many models on the site that look to be very similar but are all different prices, its really hard to navigate. Not sure why there is so many variations, American sites only offer like 3 models of the black and orange Dolcevita. The price was great but I really hope I get the model I was looking for.

Sam

Followup on my DELTA Dolcevita Oversize Oro. It has been at least 5-6 months after getting my repaired pen back, & I just shipped it to Martemodena in Italy for repair. Shipping choices were not good, either pay over $150,or don't get tracking. The first time I shipped it back, Martemodena arranged and paid shipping.

Ok, so what was the issue. I used a pilot blue ink and the top of the threads permanently stained. There was some leakage in the nib, when I filled the body with ink using a dropper. Did not have this issue of leakage when using a cartridge. It will take up to 2 weeks for my package to arrive at Martemodena. i will provide updates.

Followup on my DELTA Dolcevita Oversize Oro. It has been at least 5-6 months after getting my repaired pen back, & I just shipped it to Martemodena in Italy for repair. Shipping choices were not good, either pay over $150,or don't get tracking. The first time I shipped it back, Martemodena arranged and paid shipping.

Ok, so what was the issue. I used a pilot blue ink and the top of the threads permanently stained. There was some leakage in the nib, when I filled the body with ink using a dropper. Did not have this issue of leakage when using a cartridge. It will take up to 2 weeks for my package to arrive at Martemodena. i will provide updates.

I had a feed problem with my oversize out the box and they paid for shipping. I recieved it back in 7 days from italy to the uk with a new feed and it writes perfectly now. I personally would never use this pen as an eyedropper. Remember it is italian. Id only use such pens as the namiki emperor and danitrios as eyedroppers. Good luck on getting your pen back and happy writing Edited by pp763

<strong class='bbc'>Current Pens</strong>Montblanc 161, 162, 146 Solitaire Silver Barley BB, 146P EF, 149 OBB, Generation BP, Solitaire Steel Doue BP Waterman Edson M, Omas 360 L.E Vintage 2013 B, Omas Paragon HT B, Platinum President B, Pilot Custom 74 B, Sailor King Profit Ebonite B

Thanks for the feedback. I have several Stipulas and they work perfect as eyedropper pens. Beautiful, writers, no problems. My Montegrappas and Auroras I do not use as droppers, not designed for this. I had specifically asked that the leakage issue around the threads be addressed when I shipped it back the first time. Did not expect it to leak from the nib. My first response back from Martemodena was that this leakage was somewhat to be expected. They have been pretty good, and responsive. I just wished they had recommended a stateside address I could have shipped to, rather than italy.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh dear, hope it turns up soon!

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

i bought my Oro Oversize (the bowling ball) with convertor, just when the priced plummeted as the more expensive piston filler came onto the market. Some people insist on a piston filler, I don't.

Good news (I hope), Ok just received a message from Martemodena telling me they received my pen, repaired it an shipped it back.

Bad news, I'm leaving town for 10 days soon. I'm finding that early morning is the best time to try to reach them, due to the time difference.

My question is the large number of limited editions that they are selling for a pittance are from various years even as old as 2005. Where are these from. Does delta keep a large inventory of new old stock? Im not knocking it as ive bought 2 and will buy 2 more within the next 6 weeks.

It's an interesting brand in that respect.

Very good pens.

• 3 weeks later...

I have two Delta fountain pens that I love!

My first Delta was the Horsepower Carbon Fiber. I bought it with the stub fusion nib. Some say that gold overlay on the steel nib creates greater flow. All I can say is that the pen is a very smooth writer with excellent flow.

I loved the Horsepower so much that I bought a Capri Marina Grande with a bold fusion nib. This one did not write as well out of the box. It seemed to not have a consistent flow with stops and starts. I cleaned it with water several times, and tried it with several inks, but I wasn't having very good luck. I was seriously considering selling it on eBay when I cleaned it with Goulet Pen Flush, then filled it with DeAtramentis Guiseppe Verdi. What a difference! The flow is consistent and wet and lovely. I am in love with this pen now. Perhaps there were residual oils in the nib that the Pen Flush washed out, or perhaps it is the ink - either way, the pen writes wonderfully now.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today