• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Algester

• bizhe

• Kuhataparunks

• PabloAU

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the CH's posting nib and it's fantastic.

I love the feel of the body, it's very well balanced and feels not plastic-y like a lot of pens in that price range. I am very tempted to get a CH 912 in F just because I like the body that much.

ONLY get the PO Nib if you write very small or have a specific use for it. If your handwriting size is even sub-average, it is not much of a practical pen; long strokes will cause drag simply due to how fine the tip is. It is remarkably ideal for small writing. That's the only advice I have, good luck choosing one.

Good thing is, whatever nib you settle for will please you by default. The CH 912 is an underrated pen and, well, sorry for the exaggeration, I just love mine :P.

Do let us know what you end up settling for!

Edited by Kuhataparunks

I am seriously considering the PO nib to be my next purchase, simply because i don't like anything thicker than a standard extra fine, and the PO nib can make the thinnest line Pilot can offer. that said, my experiences writing with these nibs left me with these notes:

Waverly nib gives the smoothest writing experience in pilot's line. it's basically like a soft medium nib with extra smoothness like the one you find from Broad nib, minus the extra thickness.

Falcon nib is very soft and flexible, it feels like writing with a brush. For me it feels like a soft fine with extra flex, but it's not a spencerian copperplate pen. It generally degrades from a nice brush emulator into skippy scratchy nib when flexed too frequently like in an italic script.

And instead of the Extra Fine, the Posting nib is much better in laying down fine lines. The extra fine gave a bit more feedback than the posting, and in my case, it sometimes picks up some bits of paper.

in the search for the penultimate slim wooden black sumi urushi deskpen with a 0.1 mm UEF rhodium plated nib

I have read that the WA is slightly narrower than the M, is that true?

Yes, it's true. Depending on the angle you hold the pen, it can be M-like on the cross-stroke, and more like a F-M on the down-stroke. I didn't find the WA any smoother than an M. I wasn't a fan of the geometry of the nib, personally, and swapped the WA for an M.

Yesterday I received my new Pilot CH 91, with SF nib. Now I have a Custom 742 with FA nib, a Namiki Falcon with flex nib, and a standard SF nib. Only the CH 91 SF nib would be suitable for EDC, because in my experience the flexibility of the FA and the Falcon nibs are too flexy for rapid writing, while the SF nib is less sensitive to more than feather touch while writing.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

C nib is super smooth yet fat-thick nib. I have a C nib on my CH912.

It had some weird tiny line variations though.

Edited by Icywolfe

#Nope

I know we've seen this many times, but I'll leave this here for reference :P.

it can be painful if you're considering most of these options for just ONE!

post-115039-0-78969100-1414861713_thumb.jpg

Yes, it's true. Depending on the angle you hold the pen, it can be M-like on the cross-stroke, and more like a F-M on the down-stroke. I didn't find the WA any smoother than an M. I wasn't a fan of the geometry of the nib, personally, and swapped the WA for an M.

That's interesting - I have an M c74 and I'm thinking of getting the WA in 742. What was it about the geometry? The curve?

Yes, the curve made the contact point on the page feel somehow separated from the axis of the pen, north of where my hand expected it to be. It wasn't bad per se, and I would have adjusted to the feel in time. The nib performed admirably, but considering how happy I've been with Pilot M nibs I thought it better to swap to what I knew and trusted.