The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Shawndo Sample Mayhem - De Atramentis - Pinot Noir

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 October 2014 - 21:57

I didn't realize that I had this sample until I had already posted the other comparisons.  My favorite was Saint Laurent.  

The Pinot Noir is lovely as well.

2014-Ink_1935.jpg

2014-Ink_1936.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Sponsored Content

#2 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 October 2014 - 21:58

2014-Ink_1882.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

#3 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 October 2014 - 21:58

Two years ago, FPNer Shawndo, purchased a lot of samples including every blue ink Goulet's had to offer.

ink-samples.jpg

Alas, Shawndo ran out of free inky time.  I agreed to do these reviews. So here we are.

#4 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 October 2014 - 21:59

Nice one.

#5 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 36,577 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 October 2014 - 22:05

I didn't buy them when they first came out because I'm not a wine drinker. Growing up LDS, you can imagine, that I'm not a drinker at all.  So I thought the magic of these inks would be lost on me, and to some extent, they are. However, as an ink, I LOVE IT.

#6 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• 21,622 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 20:37

The other review is quite a few years before 2010? and the pictures died.

'My" B&M Knoblauch had DA make a 2003er Spätburgunder Ink from vineyard/ Weingut Clauer...the oldest family vineyard in the Heidelberg area from the 17th century. 2003 must have been a good year....in the bottle is bragged.

Limited to 500 pieces sold in Knochlauch.  Original Price E12+ (I love them old prices), my wife got 4/5ths of the bottle for E5...in a classy looking Knoblauch black carton with a printed sticker inside to tell of the vineyard and it was special ink.

It's so too bad there is no shading :crybaby:  ....and I've had hard luck finding sheen to start with...all my inks must be pre-sheen...............and I don't see any with my Diamine glitter inks either....I have good papers....perhaps sheen takes certain papers.

Pinot Noir. The German name for the grape is Spätburgunder - late (spät) ripening pinot (burgunder). Yep, drink the stuff from time to time and never thought to look up what type of wine it is in French.

Eventually when I get a pen free I'll give this ink a shot.....but suddenly with out warning I inked 4-5 pens the day before yesterday...G vFC Moss Green and the "new" 4001 Dark Green.....well new to me, and I still like the Brilliant green 4001.

Was looking for a semi-flex M nib to compare a semi-flex KM nib with and two of the pens that were marked with M, ..... one was OF, the other EF. :angry:...suddenly all sorts of pens were inked. 

Edited by Bo Bo Olson, 09 April 2019 - 20:39.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Sponsored Content

|