The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Mont Blanc Rare With Swastica Ands Scorpion Dpr 508058

mont blanc

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 aawhite

aawhite

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:22

Fly fishing gear !! where! :yikes:

I found some in fishing cottages in Tasmania and New Zealand. They were mostly from the era when fly rods were canes. The prices were high for my liking, the rods were not well preserved and for all purposes unusable. I would prefer to buy a modern one that I can really use.

I mainly use a 4-weight Penn rod with a 5-weight double taper line.

Edited by aawhite, 20 November 2014 - 02:26.

I only have two pens -  an Aurora Optima and others.

Sponsored Content

#42 aawhite

aawhite

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:34

I collect soviet memorabillia but that doesn't mean i support some of the things done in the era. I just happen to find it a rather fascinating piece of a country's history. And i do so even though Stalin sent my great grandfather to a goulag for speaking out against the government (he escaped though).

I do not collect memorabilia, but I have a KGB pocket watch. Its accuracy is acceptable. I bought it in a Prague store that sold Soviet era items. What I like to purchase is one of those Soviet fountain pens, since I do collect pens from different countries.

I am glad your great grandfather made his escape. I hate dictators, I spent most of my life under one.

Edited by aawhite, 20 November 2014 - 02:42.

I only have two pens -  an Aurora Optima and others.

#43 Albert26

Albert26

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 September 2017 - 14:46

To me it looks an obvious fake. I don't believe Mb would make such a pen in the 30s-40s, it doesn't even look Mb. It is too flashy to be Mb. And definetly too flashy to be nazi. Do you even know the name of the model?

Edited by Albert26, 30 September 2017 - 14:48.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mont blanc

Sponsored Content

|