Inky T O D - Do I Have Enough Ink To Last My Lifetime?

spotted and speckled

I showed the pix to my husband, and pointed out I don't have nearly this much ink. He said "This is NOT a competition...." :rolleyes:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

LOL, but I'd love to visit, you have different inks... though we do love some of the same.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• inkstainedruth

• Ink Stained Wretch

• DrDebG

Well, I decided today I did in fact need a *bit* more ink.... I have a backup bottle of Lamy Vibrant Pink, a bottle of De Atramentis Aubergine, a sample of Robert Oster Thunderstorm, and TWO bottles of De Atramentis Red Roses probably shipping Monday or Tuesday from Goulet Pens.

Yes, I did say two bottles of Red Roses. I've gone through one bottle and am now on the backup. But that thread about peoples' favorite inks made me realize that it's one I never want to be without, and sometimes places are out of stock. Hmmm. Maybe I should also have ordered a second bottle of Aubergine as well....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

TOTALLY reasonable. I love all of those except Thunderstorm which I have not yet tried. I look forward to seeing it.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I enjoy trying a new ink every so often, so I tend to acquire a number of partially-used inks. Not that I didn't like them, just that most of them don't get heavy use. Also, I use cartridges a lot for work because I can just tuck one in my pocket in case I run out, and I buy them in bulk when they're on sale. Also, I often buy a multi-color pack of Varsity's because they're cheap, write well, I like the colors, and I can give them away to kids who seem interested in fountain pens without breaking the bank. Also, I'm getting old, hence an increasingly limited life span. So yeah, I've probably got enough to last my lifetime. Won't stop me from buying more, though. Currently anticipating the arrival of a bottle of Monteverde Ruby, because I've never tried Monteverde inks and I wanted a nice, rich red.

I think you'll like the Monteverde. Hope to see a review.

Using some pens that gush out a lot of ink I may not have reached the "lifetime zone" yet (at least if I want to live for some 40 years from now).

In the last few years I have emptied about three bottles of ink per year (all in all ca. 120-150 ml per anno), my children (8 & 10 yo) together use about 30-50 ml (Lamy Royal Blue and Rohrer & Klingner Blau Permanent) for their school tasks.

Levelled out that's about 200 ml of ink for us.

According to my Excel-list there should be about 4800 ml (to 5000 ml max when including samples) of ink here, assuming all of the bottles are full (they are not, but I do not have a record of the level of use, only a list with all the colours, price, where i got them from, which pens they were in and the initial content).

_Which means_ I only have ink for the next 24, maybe 30 years. Since I am 37 years old I do not (want to) consider this a 'safe' lifetime supply. :wub:

OH yes, you need more ink. You should also meet Lapis.

No No, I haven't unpacked all the ink yet.

I know of at least one more that is in the pipeline...

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

OMG!!! There's an empty space!!! Panic, panic, panic!!!

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/hahaha-024.gif

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

:)