Man 100 Fontainebleau - Green Set

Left FPN

OK team, I rarely ask values but what would this set FP + BP be worth with their cigar case in matching wood. The pens are new unused.

Ta

fpn_1414270638__man_100_green_01.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left FPN

• RMN

• clear1

• every.e1va

Lovely Man 100 fountain pen in Briarwood just sold on ebay a few days ago for $207.50 (item 161453162839, end Oct 23, 2014 06:52 PDT if you want to look it up). I am not sure about the relative desirability of the briarwood vs coloured woods (must admit a personal preference for the former). I would expect that the rollerball to fetch the usual proportion less than the fountain pen if sold separately. From my informal spectating of sales, matching sets are a blessing and a curse, as there are a few people intent on the matched set who might pay a premium and perhaps more potential buyers that are not interested in the rollerball and thus would not pay a premium.

The ebay sale was listed without the key words that might have attracted the buyers interested in these rarer pens. So I think the pen went for quite a bit less than it might have. I was tempted but thought that I should exhibit zen like restraint....

In addition, it seems (and others, please correct me if I am mistaken) that prices are typically higher on FPN than "great deals" on ebay, but it comes with the additional surety of a good seller and accurate representation, not a negligible consideration.

Those are really beautiful pens.

I'm not the biggest fan for sets, but something like that does make me see the light.

Best of luck.

Hi Force

For this Fontainebleau set with wood holder (with box ans papers ?) you can have 300/350 euros

The blue set is rarest and most wanted !

Hah, and that's only for the FP in a blue box.

Well, he can ask, but will it sell??

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

So 140 euro was a fair price.

Is that what you paid for it recently??

D.ick

~

~

Is that what you paid for it recently??

D.ick

Yes, just yesterday morning. There are a couple of fin tips broken on the FP feed but that can soon be sorted out.

fpn_1414400440__man_100_green_02.jpg

fpn_1414400582__man_100_green_03.jpg

Edited by Force

Very well done....

And those fins won't interfere with writing at all.

D.ick

~

~

You do not have the actual product at present? Still on it's way?

D.ick

~

~

No not yet and I hope it's not another iPhone 5s.....

Aww shucks...

No, let's hope not.

So far I have never really bought on the bay (except one time from JML which went A OK. We never hear from him any more....)

And your story isn't actually a good incentive...

D.ick

~

~

One to watch.

Did JML not have some disagreement with Waterman on selling prices. I have seen him on the GREAT RIVER selling site once or twice.

Edited by Force

Hi Force

For this Fontainebleau set with wood holder (with box ans papers ?) you can have 300/350 euros

The blue set is rarest and most wanted !

The blue fontainebleau. The second from the left in my collection MAN pens... I really love this color!

I really like the wooden versions of the MAN but I just don't dare to write with them because I'm scared to damage them...

Nib (re)plating: please visit www.Dutchpen.com

Nice set, Lennard. :puddle:

D.ick

~

~