The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Have Pelikan Introduced A Factory Stub Option?

pelikan stub italic bb bbb 3b oblique ob

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sach

Sach

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2014 - 20:17

Just been looking at Iguansell website.

I came across the rather handsome M625, and when I scrolled down the nib options there was a stub and italic option, as well an OB option.

Just wondering if anyone knows if this is indeed something that Pelikan have introduced, or, as I think, this might be the result of the unintentional misappropriation of the Aurora nib options to this line of Pelikans..

Sponsored Content

#2 brewsky

brewsky

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:07

They're probably new older stock. Some places still have them in stock. They have recently stopped offering such nibs.

So to answer your question... Yes pelikan has offered italic/ stub nibs in the past as well as of, om, and ob.

The current m200 cognac is offered with an italic nib option.

#3 Matlock

Matlock

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:40

Pelikan offer a "Make a wish" nib option for M400, M600, M800 & M1000. Have a look at their webb site. I believe this involves a visit to the factory and is not cheap. You end up with a S nib ground to your specification.

Peter

#4 whych

whych

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:03

Just been looking at Iguansell website.

I came across the rather handsome M625, and when I scrolled down the nib options there was a stub and italic option, as well an OB option.

Just wondering if anyone knows if this is indeed something that Pelikan have introduced, or, as I think, this might be the result of the unintentional misappropriation of the Aurora nib options to this line of Pelikans..

If you try and select one of the unusual sizes, it says 'out of stock'. The only standard italic nib they do is the steel one for the Cognac.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikan, stub, italic, bb, bbb, 3b, oblique, ob

Sponsored Content

|