The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Help In Identifying An Old Pen

wing sung hero

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sohamb98

Sohamb98

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2014 - 14:03

Recently my mother gifted me a pen that she used to use in her school days.It is a hooded wing-sung of the 1970's.It has a metal golden cap and a green plastic body. It has wing sung engraved on the bottom edge of the cap along with the words "Made in China". Can any of you identify the exact model.I have attached a few pictures. 

Well i am completely new here but not to fountain pens.I admire everyone here for there great knowledge on fountain pens. So i signed up and i hope to be active.This is my first post.

Attached Images

• 20141025_191235.jpg
  • 20141025_191349.jpg
  • 20141025_191439.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Runnin_Ute

Runnin_Ute

Super Pinks member:

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,648 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2014 - 14:34

Not sure what wing sung calls it but it looks like a Parker 51 knock off ftom the hooded nib and the shape of the section.

And welcome to FPN!

Edited by Runnin_Ute, 25 October 2014 - 14:35.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

#3 VULTURE

VULTURE

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2014 - 14:43

Welcome to FPN Sohamb98.
I'm not certain, but I think its called Wing Sung 730. I might be wrong though so please do correct me in such case.
Hero, DUX and Bahadur also make roughly the same pen. Hero 330 and DUX/Bahadur 612.
Not Wing Sung, but I did had a few DUX 612's in my school days and these were really fine pens... Cheap, durable and pretty good writers for the price. Very comfortable to write with. These pens are specially great for writing Urdu which is almost like Arabic and starts from the right side of page...!
Hope it helps.

Edited by VULTURE, 25 October 2014 - 14:47.

#4 Wolverine1

Wolverine1

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,541 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 14:45

I had exactly the same pen when I was at school in Assam, years back. Like Running-Ute said, it is a knock-off of the Parker 51 pen. I bought mine froma "smuggler-bhai" for Rs. 30.00!!!!!:)

#5 Sohamb98

Sohamb98

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2014 - 15:32

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Yes it definitely looks like a 730 and yes it even has the same reservoir as the Parker 51. I have also read that wing sung and hero are manufactured by the same company. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wing sung, hero

Sponsored Content

|