The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Broken Mont Blanc Cap

mont blanc repair cap

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ShakesInk

ShakesInk

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 October 2014 - 23:04

Hi,

I'm new to the forum.  I recently came across an old Mont Blanc my father had and when I tried to take the cap off, the screw part broke off.  By screw part I mean the nib section that you screw on and off the body when changing cartridges or ink via a converter.  I took some pics and was wondering if anyone here could tell me if it can be repaired or if I've permanently damaged the pen.. :unsure:

Thanks!

Attached Images

• IMG_3919.JPG
  • IMG_3921.JPG
  • IMG_3922.JPG
  • IMG_3923.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,436 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 October 2014 - 23:24

Pretty much broken. However I'm pretty sure you could return it to MontBlanc and they would replace the body.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

#3 CS388

CS388

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 16:00

Welcome to FPN.

Common fault on this model. As stated, Montblanc can service it and replace the parts (at service cost), or you may be able to pick up a cheap 'parts pen' and replace it yourself?

Good luck.

#4 ShakesInk

ShakesInk

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:31

Thank you both for your responses!  Unfortunately, I don't know much about fixing pens so I've sent it to MontBlanc for an estimate.  Waiting to hear what they say...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mont blanc, repair, cap

Sponsored Content

|