The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Anyone Else Disappointed With The 2015 Owners Club?

bexley

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Doug C

Doug C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 00:37

I have a number of Bexleys and own the first 4 Owners Club pens.

After that I have been incredibly disappointed with the design of the pens and have elected not to purchase them.

Bexley seems to have lost their edge, not only with the standard editions but the annual versions.  I think that Howard Levy is one of the most outstanding members of the pen community but he seems to have gotten off the path in my opinion. They are using the same clips, the same acrylics and design.

Am I wrong here?

the Danitrio Fellowship

Sponsored Content

#2 French

French

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 October 2014 - 00:25

Can't say disappointed, but, likely not a pen I will be purchasing.

#3 PabloAU

PabloAU

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:37

This year's pen looks like a Nemosine.

I am disappointment.

#4 jebib111

jebib111

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 13:35

Since the customer is always right.  I'm sure Bexley's are evolving the way they do because they sell, no?  Now having said that do I miss the early days of the button fillers, yes. 

#5 Doug C

Doug C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:46

I am not sure that I agree, but time will tell. 

I just know from my perspective that Howard has helped a number of the other companies when they were fledglings, but he seems to be struggling right now.

Again, I could be wrong and sales could be strong.

I wouldn't want to think that one of the great American companies would be going through hard times.   I want to get excited about a Bexley product again.

the Danitrio Fellowship

#6 AJ50

AJ50

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:05

I really liked some of the early Bexley pens but of late I just haven't enjoyed the designs. I won't be buying a Bexley until their designs improve.

#7 drtth

drtth

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2015 - 15:22

Much newer to Bexleys than some of you folks but I have found out that I didn't get excited much by the 2015 owner's club because the selection of colors/patterns didn't work for me.  

A while back during his closing down of online sales of pens, Richard Binder had a couple of special order basic black versions of the 2015 OC listed on his web site.  One had the gold plated hardware, and it didn't take me long at all to decide it was a good pen for me.

As expected he did his nib smoothing magic before shipping and I'm quite happy with the purchase.   The pen is a nice size, is a real pleasure to write with, is comfortable either posted or un-posted, and I find it much more visually appealing when cloaked in basic black.

#8 freewheelingvagabond

freewheelingvagabond

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:36

Not just Bexley, but many other companies are putting out pens that are no match for the beauty of the earlier generations. 

Look at Omas. Look at Visconti. 

I once started a discussion on this, but people thought all pens looked better than ever. 

The only time I contemplated getting a Bexley was a few years back. A Bexley Americana with a stub nib. Beautiful pens. 

Too bad those were pulled out of the market.

I don't care, I'd look elsewhere.

Edited by freewheelingvagabond, 27 June 2015 - 06:54.

https://soundcloud.com/freewheelingvagabond

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bexley

Sponsored Content

|