The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Bexley Corona Blueberry Cream

bexley bexley corona

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 siopaopei

siopaopei

Proudly ballpoint pen-free since May 2014

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 October 2014 - 14:26

I just put in an order for a Bexley Corona Blueberry Cream with factory nib (medium). Does anybody have a sample of how it writes? Any feedback about this pen? How does it compare to the Bexley Poseidon Magnum II? Thank you. 

Sponsored Content

#2 MKeith

MKeith

"A man's got to know his limitations"

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 October 2014 - 16:07

I purchased one about a year and a half ago, after having purchased one in the Summer Storm color the year before. They are great pens which hold a very good amount of ink (both mine are piston fillers), have smooth pistons and write every time I pick them up. Both have been continually inked since I got them. Mine have wet fine Jo Wo nibs which were tuned by Richard Binder. I think you will like the pen very much.  Additionally, spare screw in nib units are $35.00 ($25.00 c/c style) from richardspens.com or indy-pen-dance.com. If you buy a spare one, which I would suggest, I recommend you get it from either of these sellers. As to a comparison with the Poseidon Magnum II pen you might look at Richards site and click on the "Compare Our New Pens Side by Side" section. The nibs tend to write as "western" widths so a bit on the wider side than Japanese sizes. Here is a handy guide:

http://www.richardsp...trokewidths.pdf

Edited by MKeith, 20 October 2014 - 16:22.

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?" Patrick Henry

#3 siopaopei

siopaopei

Proudly ballpoint pen-free since May 2014

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 October 2014 - 16:13

I purchased one about a year and a half ago, after having purchased one in the Summer Storm color the year before. They are great pens which hold a very good amount of ink (both mine are piston fillers), have smooth pistons and write every time I pick them up. Both have been continually inked since I got them. Mine have wet fine Jo Wo nibs which were tuned by Richard Binder. I think you will like the pen very much.  Additionally, spare screw in nib units are $35.00 ($25.00 c/c style) from richardspens.com or indy-pen-dance.com. If you buy a spare one, which I would suggest, I recommend you get it from either of these sellers. The nibs tend to write as "western" width so a bit on the wider side than Japanese sizes. 

Thank you for the feedback, i will keep those two sites in mind. I really am planning to buy extra nibs. How do you rate the default gold-plated steel nibs on them, though? are they kinda springy? smooth with a touch of feedback?

#4 risingsun

risingsun

Collector Mentality

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 October 2014 - 20:58

If you can accept a non-tuned nib, I point you to isellpens.com, who is currently running the Corona nibs on sale for a heck of a price: $18.00 ea...  not affiliated, just a happy customer of Todd's...

http://www.isellpens...x-coronanib.htm

Sun%20Hemmi2.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bexley, bexley corona

Sponsored Content

|