Pen Chalet Saved The Day

Bennett

A number of weeks ago I responded to a Pen Chalet sale ad appearing on the FPN website for a great price on a Pelikan M205. I couldn't pass on this, and placed an order. A few days later, the USPS tracking information indicated the pen was to arrive that morning, I hurried home from work during my lunch hour, and much to my dismay - no box, no pen. Long story short, I learned the box was stolen soon after the mailman placed it at my residence. While I will use more secure mailing procedures in the future, I was still upset about the loss. I contacted Pen Chalet and after explaining what happened, they decided to replace the pen at no additional cost to me. Really outstanding customer service! While there are other fact circumstances that enabled them to send another pen, I wanted to share my great experience to others on FPN. I have no connection to Pen Chalet other than being a pleased customer. And a friendly warning to others - no matter where you live, package delivery theft can happen. In addition to insuring your pen purchases also opt for signature only delivery or have the package sent to a secure location. Sometimes the lure of saving a few extra bucks by having a low cost delivery can result in risky behavior. FPN friends, please be careful out there!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bennett

• Icywolfe

Top Posters In This Topic

Who the **** steals a pen? How many BP users live near you to kidnapped a FP?

I paid for the most expensive secure delivery option (computer part) and that package was "stolen." As in the USPS guy delivered it to some random guy on the street claiming to be the owner. And because it was "signed" they won't investigate. The front desk/window thought I was scamming them. The guy who signed was Andrew package was supposed to be sent to a Steven. Luckily the seller was cool, he said that won't use USPS again.

Doesn't matter how much secure of a package option you choose. If the postal guy has a missing brain it will be stolen. Another time the postal guy left it on the middle of the street/sidewalk.

I wonder did PC laugh this incident off?

#Nope

Pen Chalet took it seriously and I suspect such incidents rarely occur among their customers. To other readers out there, if you use the USPS for delivery and you believe there was a theft, contact the Postal Inspection Service as well as your local police. Theft of USPS mail is a felony.

Edited by Bennett

Pen Chalet took it seriously and I suspect such incidents rarely occur among their customers. To other readers out there, if you use the USPS for delivery and you believe there was a theft, contact the Postal Inspection Service as well as your local police. Theft of USPS mail is a felony.

Problem is that they need to prove a theft occurred and be not lazy enough to do a real investigation.

#Nope