My Visconti Opera Club Honey Almond

parban

A new Visconti Opera Club Honey Diamond reached me two days ago. I liked the look of the pen very much since quite a long time and so may be paid a price which is on the higher side for this pen which is not easily available in new condition. After getting it, I found it approximately of the same size (and roughly of same price) with my Parker Duofold Centennial and so I photographed them together.My apolozy for the poor images produced by my cheap cameraphone.

Honey Almond is really good looking and Duofold is pretty too. So regarding the beauty, both score equal marks. I changed the original Arrow F 18K nib of Duofold to a banner M 18K nib and that writes really well. The 14K M nib of Visconti doesnt lag behind at all in this aspect also.Both the nibs are very very smooth and wet upto my satisfaction.

The only drawback of this Visconti is its leaving a light round ink impression inside the cap as has been already noted in this forum, but since the pen is not fully transperant like a demonstrator one, I am not bothered much about that.I clean my pens regularly.

My thanks and regards to all.

post-105669-0-57613900-1413040124_thumb.jpg

post-105669-0-08168100-1413040158_thumb.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thier.

• parban

• FP Newbie

• StrawberryJam

I just took delivery of a Honey Almond (M) too, but mine was used. I find that Conway Stewart Green ink (the 30 ml bottle, not the 80 ml Diamine-provided bottle, which doesn't come in green anyway) suits this pen well, both in flow and in hue.

Honey Almond is a lovely, unusual material/finish, isn't it?

• 7 months later...

In two days, I'll have one. I found it on a second hand website and am excited about owning my 4th Visconti ....... https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/267952-which-one-will-be-your-next-fountain-pen/

Congrats! I have one and I love it very much; it is so unique in the marbling pattern and a joy to use in the summer when it is sunny.

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.)

Here is my first pictures of it .....

Next to the Visconti is the Montegrappa .....

fpn_1432759423__xpro7005.jpgfpn_1432759464__xpro7006.jpg

Thanks for the images.

I think this particular model beats the homo sapien in looks and nibs are almost of identical smoothness.

So overall,doesnt honey almond win?

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

I see that several Visconti aficionados here report having bought their pens second-hand and I have been slightly surprised by the fact that I have had almost no bites from the advertisement I put in the classifieds section for my yellow (and red) Opera (I don't know what Visconti called that combination?) I shall boost the advert. and hope that folk will look again...(excuse my hi-jack!)

I see that several Visconti aficionados here report having bought their pens second-hand and I have been slightly surprised by the fact that I have had almost no bites from the advertisement I put in the classifieds section for my yellow (and red) Opera (I don't know what Visconti called that combination?) I shall boost the advert. and hope that folk will look again...(excuse my hi-jack!)

I use to buy second hands from e bay or other webites but rarely have a look on the fpn classifieds ..... Idon't know why but I don't even think about it .... I'm going to have a look on your yellow and red ........ ;)

Long time lurker, first time posting. I have been admiring this pen of yours for some time. I love the Honey Almond finish on it. Finally pulled the trigger on an Ebay listing for it (said NIB, we'll see). Can't wait to see this in person. I hope the pictures you have posted don't do it justice. This will be Visconti # 8 (yes I'm an addict for Visconti's). Suppose to be here on Friday, will let you know my thoughts. Just don't know what ink to put in it first.

Visconti: Millionaire LE, HS Lava Steel, Opera Club Honey Almond, Michelangelo Black/Rose

Aurora Optima 365 LE, Mar Adriatico LE

Omas Galileo '93, '15 Year of Light, F.A.O., Paragon Burlwood LE

Delta MOMO Design Rose LE

Mont Blanc Johannes Brahms, Georges Solti, 146 LeGrand Platinum, Model #32 (cracked), WE Leo Tolstoy, 146 Burgundy, Model 22, 149 Platinum, Marc Newson, WE Charles Dickens, Rouge et Noir Coral

Hooligan LE #6

TWSBI Diamond 580 X2 and Eco

Long time lurker, first time posting. I have been admiring this pen of yours for some time. I love the Honey Almond finish on it. Finally pulled the trigger on an Ebay listing for it (said NIB, we'll see). Can't wait to see this in person. I hope the pictures you have posted don't do it justice. This will be Visconti # 8 (yes I'm an addict for Visconti's). Suppose to be here on Friday, will let you know my thoughts. Just don't know what ink to put in it first.

Great !!!! so this is your next pen .....

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/267952-which-one-will-be-your-next-fountain-pen/

I looked at your ad and loved the colour way but the problem for me was shipping from the US to the UK, I would get stung for import duty.

Well, I received the Opera and all that I can say is "WOW". Pictures can not give this pen it's true justice. I inked it up with Edelstein Adventurine, and it writes like a dream. Smooth flow, very wet, no startup issues and railroading (My handwriting embarrasses me so I won't show that). Thank you for your review and talking me off the ledge on this one. Will hopefully enjoy this for years to come.

--John--

post-123062-0-52751800-1434668054_thumb.jpg

post-123062-0-44022600-1434668065_thumb.jpg

Visconti: Millionaire LE, HS Lava Steel, Opera Club Honey Almond, Michelangelo Black/Rose

Aurora Optima 365 LE, Mar Adriatico LE

Omas Galileo '93, '15 Year of Light, F.A.O., Paragon Burlwood LE

Delta MOMO Design Rose LE

Mont Blanc Johannes Brahms, Georges Solti, 146 LeGrand Platinum, Model #32 (cracked), WE Leo Tolstoy, 146 Burgundy, Model 22, 149 Platinum, Marc Newson, WE Charles Dickens, Rouge et Noir Coral

Hooligan LE #6

TWSBI Diamond 580 X2 and Eco

Well, I received the Opera and all that I can say is "WOW". Pictures can not give this pen it's true justice. I inked it up with Edelstein Adventurine, and it writes like a dream. Smooth flow, very wet, no startup issues and railroading (My handwriting embarrasses me so I won't show that). Thank you for your review and talking me off the ledge on this one. Will hopefully enjoy this for years to come.

--John--

Thank you for sharing. It' s more than a pen : a writing gem !!!!!!!

I am kicking myself now for not picking up this pen at a pen show last Autumn when I had the opportunity. I love the original gold nibs better than the new Palladium ones, and this particular material is gorgeous. I will just have to keep an eye out for one :) Enjoy your beauties everyone :)

I am kicking myself now for not picking up this pen at a pen show last Autumn when I had the opportunity. I love the original gold nibs better than the new Palladium ones, and this particular material is gorgeous. I will just have to keep an eye out for one :) Enjoy your beauties everyone :)

Thanks and ..... next time you see one, jump on it .... ;)

• 5 months later...