• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• betweenthelens

• Polanova

• fountainpagan

• Ink Blotto

Great! (As you know, I have exactly the same one, including a slight deformation of the celluloid :P !)

Mine has a very flexible nib. I expect one of yours is also one of these nice flexible steel ones?

The kind, which they don`t seem to be able to produce today?

That is a beautiful catch. :)

Are you going to use it or leave it NOS?

Mine has a very flexible nib. I expect one of yours is also one of these nice flexible steel ones?

Unfortunately :(

Edited by fountainpagan

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

That is lovely. I am a great fan of Bayard - classy and good looking pens. The chevron detail here is exquisite; of course there are also chevrons on that other great French classic brand, the Citroen - thinking of the Traction Avant, 2CV, and DS!

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

Great! (As you know, I have exactly the same one, including a slight deformation of the celluloid :P !)

It appears to be flexible but I'll not truly discover its flex since I don't intend to use it. Are you certain the celluloid is deformed and not part of the mold? I have another Bayard that has that ridge and it appears very uniform and the same as this pen's ridge.

That is a beautiful catch. :)

Are you going to use it or leave it NOS?

Unfortunately :(

Thank you! I'll leave it unlinked and in its original mint condition. When my interest in fountain pens was rekindled, I remember reading or perhaps even contributing to a thread in which someone posed the question of whether or not to ink a mint, NOS pen. I thought, at the time, that I would use it as it was intended to be used. Now, upon finding such a pen, I've changed my mind. Holding it with its label intact and its original box and literature, I am wont to preserve and treasure it. After all, it made its way to me after all these years....

That is lovely. I am a great fan of Bayard - classy and good looking pens. The chevron detail here is exquisite; of course there are also chevrons on that other great French classic brand, the Citroen - thinking of the Traction Avant, 2CV, and DS!

Thanks so much.

very nice catch betweenthelens :thumbup:and also mint in box

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

very nice catch betweenthelens :thumbup:and also mint in box

Thank you! Much appreciated! ;)

Beautiful. :thumbup:

Thank you! Much appreciated! ;)

It appears to be flexible but I'll not truly discover its flex since I don't intend to use it. Are you certain the celluloid is deformed and not part of the mold? I have another Bayard that has that ridge and it appears very uniform and the same as this pen's ridge.

Well, you could just swap nibs, after all you have un bloc de rechange now!

Well there`s a very slight deformation, what amateur25 would describe as Petite déformation classique sur le capuchon.

My green one has a petite déformation around the lever & on a couple others as well.

But nothing to worry about, as it`s hardly visible!

I got that a lot from Celluloid Stylomines where there often is a shrinking so minuscule that it`s practically invisible & where one cannot screw the end caps all the way back in. I solved that problem by taking a bit of the celluloid inner screws off by applying a little acetone.

Well, you could just swap nibs, after all you have un bloc de rechange now!

Well there`s a very slight deformation, what amateur25 would describe as Petite déformation classique sur le capuchon.

My green one has a petite déformation around the lever & on a couple others as well.

But nothing to worry about, as it`s hardly visible!

I got that a lot from Celluloid Stylomines where there often is a shrinking so minuscule that it`s practically invisible & where one cannot screw the end caps all the way back in. I solved that problem by taking a bit of the celluloid inner screws off by applying a little acetone.

I really would like to keep it in un-inked mint condition. After all, I have 17 others I can use. ;)

So, what you're saying is the shrinkage happens often across the board with celluloid pens in the same area of the pen? I wonder why?

I really would like to keep it in un-inked mint condition. After all, I have 17 others I can use. ;)

So, what you're saying is the shrinkage happens often across the board with celluloid pens in the same area of the pen? I wonder why?

I rotate only 3 or 4 myself. Two are still in need of a new sac.

I have no idea, what causes the shrinkage & if it occurred only after the first years after production or in the ensuing decades.

Based on the few Frenchies I have & on ebay observations, I venture the tentative guess that the shrinkage tends to occur in a symmetrical way.

Often it`s the cap only or the barrel or the ends.

I find it curious that only French pens seem to affected this way.

I rotate only 3 or 4 myself. Two are still in need of a new sac.

I have no idea, what causes the shrinkage & if it occurred only after the first years after production or in the ensuing decades.

Based on the few Frenchies I have & on ebay observations, I venture the tentative guess that the shrinkage tends to occur in a symmetrical way.

Often it`s the cap only or the barrel or the ends.

I find it curious that only French pens seem to affected this way.

I agree. It's a real mystery.