Which Parker 75 Looks The Best?

parban

I just wanted to know from the esteemed visitors about their opinion regarding the best looking Parker 75. The sterling silver crosshatch is the most common model.But to me the 14K Goldfilled over Sterling Silver model looks better and the simple crosshatch goldfilled model is better still even though its brass made. Imperials also look beautiful, but seem to be losing popularity as per the price they fetch on ebay on average.

Which 75 looks the best to you ?There are so many models and the opinion is bound to vary. But let us see which one is chosen by the majority.

My thanks and regards to all.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wspohn

• Mookli

• Ernst Bitterman

• parban

I'm not a huge fan of gold colored pens. In general I like flighters, but for a 75 its got to be the cisele. Classic and classy.

Brian

One test is worth a thousand expert opinions.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the silver cisele, and its a beautiful pen, it is clean and crisp, the design is classic elegance. The deep cut geometric pattern is gorgeous and feels unique, nice and solid.

I know that the 75 cisele is fairly common and looses some appeal due to that, but I still like it. Besides you can still find them in for a reasonable amount if you are patient.

I have a early Sonnet cisele that has none of the appeal of the 75.

Mark

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-qv5h3mN/0/O/atramentum%20Digitis%20small.jpg

Expect very subjective responses. I've got an Insignia (GF crosshatch) and a pre-cisele silver crosshatch (same pattern, but it hadn't gotten the French name yet), and I like them both. There's a slight inclination to the silver, because of the greater depth and visual impact of the incisions. I think I'd like a Flighter almost as much if I owned one....

Ravensmarch Pens & Books
It's mainly pens, just now....

Oh, good heavens. He's got a blog now, too.

fpn_1465330536__hwabutton.jpg

I had a gold plated version that was very nice. My son-in-law liked it and I gave it to him as a gift. One day I would like to have a flighter version. I have the Sterling Silver Cisele model with a roller ball and mechanical pencil to match and am very delighted with it.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

"Looks the best " runs right into the saying "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder."

Me, I choose the flighter, brushed stainless steed with gold trim.

Edited by ac12

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

"Looks the best " is runs right into the saying "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder."

Absolutely true. I believe that people from certain cultures/nationalities are more inclined to gold things/ornaments while others lean more to silver ones.

I love my P75 sterling silver, but I also would like to have a Grain d'orge (is that model barley grain in English?)which is gold/golden.

"Looks the best " is runs right into the saying "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder."

Absolutely true. I believe that people from certain cultures/nationalities are more inclined to gold things/ornaments while others lean more to silver ones.

I love my P75 sterling silver, but I also would like to have a Grain d'orge (is that model barley grain in English?)which is gold/golden.

How true.

My wife likes gold things, and I like silver.

BTW, I do not like the cisele/cross hatch finish.

Edited by ac12

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

{reflection commands taking down a piece of foolery too easily taken seriously, lest it be taken seriously}

Edited by Ernst Bitterman

Ravensmarch Pens & Books
It's mainly pens, just now....

Oh, good heavens. He's got a blog now, too.

fpn_1465330536__hwabutton.jpg

I agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so for me, the best P75 is the black lacquer with gold trim.

I would not seek an opinion on what others regard as beautiful. I would look at them and decide which makes your heart sing. If it doesn't do that, who cares if someone else likes it? it is not your pen. Your pen must give you joy.

I have used three premiers -two barleycorn and one chinese lacquer - but prefer the normal 75s to the premiers because of the shape.75 seems to be more balanced to me. Of course, its purely subjective.

I have seen many pens of different countries with the barleycorn design ang the gordon design.Could anybody inform me, which company introduced these designs first?

My thanks and regards to all.

Best looking P75? Probably the Fougère for me. Though I do love my lacquered 75's very much, too, clean appearance

and very elegant. P75 Ciselé seems to be a must for every P75 aficionado. It's, as many others said before, classic and classy.

At the end of the day I would enjoy almost all versions.

PArker 75 lapis lazuli

Ding!Ding!Ding! Of all of them, this one would do it best for me.

I greatly regret not getting the Mandarin one from Parker75.com awhile back, I'm sure it's gone by now. Bexley made the Mandarin and White and Crushed Raspberry Ice one.

atlps3.jpg

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

• 10 months later...

I have used three premiers -two barleycorn and one chinese lacquer - but prefer the normal 75s to the premiers because of the shape.75 seems to be more balanced to me. Of course, its purely subjective.

I have tons of 75s and Premiers and the latter just happen to be my favourite of the two.

http://www.rhodo.citymax.com/i/non-rhodo/parker1.jpg

Bill Spohn

Vancouver BC

"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence"

Robert Fripp

https://www.rhodoworld.com/fountain-pens.html

I have tons of 75s and Premiers and the latter just happen to be my favourite of the two.

http://www.rhodo.citymax.com/i/non-rhodo/parker1.jpg

So you have 10 empty spaces, still room for a few more beauties,

http://www.maryhatay.com/Mark/Fountain-Pens/Mixed-Pens/i-qv5h3mN/0/O/atramentum%20Digitis%20small.jpg