The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Looking For An Esterbrook Desk Pen Base

esterbrook desk pen base wtb desk

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Venemo

Venemo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:26

Hi,

I have this nice Esterbrook desk pen. I'm currently keeping it in a wooden pen holder, however it lets the pen dry out too quickly. So now I'm looking for a proper Esterbrook desk pen holder that is compatible and will do the trick and be nice to the pen.

If you have one for sale and are willing to ship it to Europe, please contact me. :)

To be honest, I also looked around on ebay and the biggest problem is that the sellers in the US are shipping things to the EU very expensively. For instance, this particular item might be what I'm looking for, but the shipping costs twice as much as the item itself. :(

Sponsored Content

#2 ac12

ac12

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,535 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:39

I think these will work.

• 8-ball
  • A base with a pivoting holder.

Yeah shipping is a deterrent.  I loose most of my eBay bids in the UK because I have to discount my max bid by the additional shipping to the US.  I recently bought a pen from France, the shipping was more than the pen.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

#3 estie1948

estie1948

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:15

How much would it cost in US dollars to ship you an Esterbrook desk pen holder to match your pen? Any idea?

-David.

No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery. -Anon.
A backward poet writes inverse. -Anon.

#4 Venemo

Venemo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:52

How much would it cost in US dollars to ship you an Esterbrook desk pen holder to match your pen? Any idea?

According to ebay, it costs $30-50 with "International Priority Shipping" which is 2-4 times the price of the actual item... However I don't think I really need priority shipping.

After some digging around, I found that USPS has a web site that can calculate shipping rates, but it requires to know the weight of the object. (The heavier it is, the more it costs.) With a rough guess of 0.5 kilograms and selecting "Package" instead of the flat rate offerings, they had a shipping option called "First-Class Package International Service" which is priced $16.74 if you order it online.

Edited by Venemo, 08 October 2014 - 07:53.

#5 estie1948

estie1948

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,835 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:06

No joy right now, but I am looking. I think I might can locate said desk pen holder, but my first place turned up empty. I shall continue to look. The one I am thinking of is stored at the home of a relative some distance away. I won't be free to go there for at least the next thirty days. If you have not come up with one by then, I'll make the trip. Don't give up hope.

-David.

Edited by estie1948, 09 October 2014 - 06:07.

#6 Venemo

Venemo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 October 2014 - 12:24

No joy right now, but I am looking. I think I might can locate said desk pen holder, but my first place turned up empty. I shall continue to look. The one I am thinking of is stored at the home of a relative some distance away. I won't be free to go there for at least the next thirty days. If you have not come up with one by then, I'll make the trip. Don't give up hope.

-David.

Thank you very much, David! It means a lot to me.

#7 Ernst Bitterman

Ernst Bitterman

Nil Magnum Nisi Bonum

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,044 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 October 2014 - 22:02

If David doesn't turn his up, PM me-- I've got a black 8-ball in excess of current need, and if you're not too anxious about tracking Canada Post says it costs about $20 to get it to Hungary.

For what tracking costs, on the other hand, I'd say commission a local sculptor to run one up in marble.  :headsmack:

Ravensmarch Pens & Books
It's mainly pens, just now....

Oh, good heavens. He's got a blog now, too.

fpn_1465330536__hwabutton.jpg

#8 Venemo

Venemo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 October 2014 - 13:42

If David doesn't turn his up, PM me-- I've got a black 8-ball in excess of current need, and if you're not too anxious about tracking Canada Post says it costs about $20 to get it to Hungary.

For what tracking costs, on the other hand, I'd say commission a local sculptor to run one up in marble.  :headsmack:

Let's spare David the trip to his distant relative. I wrote you a PM. :)

#9 estie1948

estie1948

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,835 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:09

Let's spare David the trip to his distant relative. I wrote you a PM. :)

I'm sorry that I cannot be quicker in getting to mine. However, I understand your eagerness. If something goes wrong, let me know and I will locate mine and ship it to you. Thanks to Ernst for stepping in with quicker service.

-David.

#10 Venemo

Venemo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:28

The post lost the shipment that Ernst had sent. Lesson learned: always use tracking. So I'm still looking for an Esterbrook desk pen base, if anyone has one.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: esterbrook, desk pen, base, wtb, desk

Sponsored Content

|