What Ballpoint Pen Do You Use?

sail1942

I do not use ballpoints :thumbup: :thumbup:

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chthulhu

• RMN

• pajaro

• Tanzanite

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have several

MB cool blue starwalker

MB Cruise in White

MB Meisterstuck 164

MB Toscanini

Orfew, how do you like the Starwalker BP? I have the fineliner version and it is hard to pry out of my hand... Does it balance well?

I use a Lamy 2000 ballpoint when at work this being the only time because I have no other option. I always carry a cheap Pilot throwaway for those times when I have to let other people sign my paperwork.

I am as selfish with that ballpoint as my FP's.

Greg

I am the same way. I'm lucky that 99% of the time I can use my FPs at work, but I carry a Lamy 2000 for when I must use a ballpoint. And I rarely (if ever) lend it out. I have trash pens for that on my office desk, so I can hand one to students or colleagues.

色即是空,空即是色 (心經

I can't remember the last time I specifically used a ballpoint. I guess I would just pick up whatever is handy if I had to.

"Never Say goodbye, because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting,"

-Peter Pan

If I have to use a ballpoint it's usually a Cross. And there was a time when I tended to buy the matching BP for each fountiN pen, but that ended after a while.

Waterman Lara Croft Tomb Raider ballpoint with broad refill.

Pelikan K200 and K400 with broad refills.

Montblanc 164 and 164R with broad refills.

Parker Sonnet with broad refills.

Edited by pajaro

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Haven't used one in a few years...But for many years I used the Sheaffer Targa BP that came as a set with the matching FP - my first good pens, 29+ years ago.

But Sheaffer BP refills are garbage, so I modify a Parker Gel insert and use that in the Sheaffer BP.

Like others I tend to carry a Jotter in my briefcase. But the last couple of weeks I've been carrying around a PAN piston fill ballpoint pen I got off Ebay for not much.

It was probably made in the 50s in Germany. It fills like any piston filler, but has a screw-in ballpoint instead of a screw-in feed and nib. And that ballpoint seems far smoother than any ballpoint I've used recently--probably because it is laying down regular ink instead of the ink paste in most ballpoints.

A little discussion on those pens is over here: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/161367-pan-fountain-pens/

-Otter1

2012-06-18_17-59-22_107.jpg

Jotteriffic.jpg

There are times at work when I just can't wait for PR DCSSB to dry, this is what I use then. Pretty nice really, even for a BP.

IMG_20140416_124850.jpg

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

There are occasions when only a ballpoint will do.I recently bought a LAMY Noto ballpoint which some reviewer said was designed by Naoto Fukasawa.

I have about 30 FP and one ballpoint. I know want anyone to think I'm promoting ballpoints. I'm just curious about what people use.

What ballpoint/s do you use?

I use a Fisher Space Pen on surfaces that I'm not willing to have come into contact with my fountain pens.

Cross Century

all chrome TECH 4 pen....absolutely loooooove this ball point with red,black, blue and pencil all in beautiful chrome pen.

The Lamy Noto looks like a beautiful pen, but what are the occasions in which you must use a ball point?

1-Since you are going for a Lamy, it couldn't be for loaning, for that I use a Bic.

2-If for multipart forms, I used to use a Bic or any handy cheap pen, until I discovered the Hero 9296 fountain pen, a very smooth writer which on a hard surface feels like writing with a screwdriver (rather than with a nail, because it is smooth). It is a very hard metal pen with no flex, could be used as a weapon if need be, and as chinese pen it can be had for about $3 including shipping on Ebay. I use it with Hero 234 carbon ink, which is very quick drying as well as permanent.

3-If for quick drying ink needs, there are some inks good for that, I am still experimenting, but I have found Noodler's black and Platinum inks to be quick drying on everyday paper, which is what I use. For expensive paper, I have no idea what is quick drying on that, but I do like carbon ink for that purpose.

4-If you must write on glossy paper, which I try to avoid like the plague, I have tried different pens and inks with varying degrees of success, but it is a headache because some glossy papers are more challenging than others. Some checks are really bad on this issue of glossiness, particularly those that have a lot of art in them.

Just curious what your ball point need issue might be.

Speaking strictly of ball pens, rollerballs excluded, I often use:

Sheaffer Prelude -- nice weight and balance; wide, comfortable girth

Cross Century -- thin, yes, but it is an icon and I like it

Parker Sonnet -- best twist mechanism I've found; nice weight and balance

Parker Frontier -- good choice if you're looking for a retractable ballpoint; wider girth makes it more comfortable for me than the Jotter (which I do like, nonetheless)

Parker 45 -- I prefer this to the Jotter; stands out a bit more, especially the later model with the black dome

I prefer a broad point when it comes to ball pens, and Parker seems to have stopped making these; so my new favorite is the Schneider "Slider" 755 XB, which writes like a dream. Now, rollerballs... they are another matter entirely.

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r44/Bradley_064/th_Bradleyssignature.jpg

My favourite ball point needs no introduction:

fpn_1412658440__cross_classic_century_10

Needs no introduction and put little Rhode Island on the world wide map. Recognized world wide.

Such a clean, classic design. So nice they kept it for the first couple fountain pens.

CC1.jpg

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

If it isn't a fountain pen, then it's a rollerball since the mid 1960s.

These days it is a Parker Duofold or an original Sonnet. Or a strangely attractive jet black

Jinhao.