Montblanc Signature Nib On 90Th Anniversary

sailorboy

Another writing sample - I think large expressive writing better brings up the "spirit" of this nib!

Many congrats!

I think you have a very large signature if it allows this nib to be a clear text!

Hope it will serve you for a long time!

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sailorboy

• Koyote

• Lothianjavert

• SujiCorp12345

Agreed about size of writing bringing out the best!

Well done and enjoy in good health with many happy returns!

p.s. I just looked at the nib AGAIN (for the Xth time) and you aren't "Q," are you? That thing has to do something "Bond-like," it just HAS TO! :lticaptd:

Edited by Behike54

“My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best.” - Winston Churchill

The ink flow is smooth, no problem at all keeping up with the nib. The ink does run out sooner in this case, compared to smaller nib!

And yes, this is a customised nib, with a personal engraving all done at Montblanc in Germany. Because of it is 6B, it does not fall withiin the usual nib exchange policy. In other words, they charge extra for it.

This nib will always draw attention from other FP users, and would be a fun addition to a large collection. But I predict it will have limited usefulness as an actual writing instrument. A signature would have to be freakishly huge to work well with that nib width - it would look odd on a page of paper printed in any normal font.

This nib looks really impressive, some close ups would be nice. For me however, a fountain pen has to be useful for daily writing and I feel that writing with this would be quite..difficult..and my writing would be quite ugly with it..I mean I could do a whole italic style writing but..I honestly don't see the use of it otherwise..but you obviously do so enjoy it in good health!

Fountain pens are like weapons. They just make your pocket bleed so much.

This nib looks really impressive, some close ups would be nice. For me however, a fountain pen has to be useful for daily writing and I feel that writing with this would be quite..difficult..and my writing would be quite ugly with it..I mean I could do a whole italic style writing but..I honestly don't see the use of it otherwise..but you obviously do so enjoy it in good health!

Don't know if the 6B is usable as a daily writer, but an old 3B does the job, one just needs more paper.

Very cool nib!

I doubt this is his only pen :) Personally I've found that I enjoy having some variety with regards to nib sizes and shapes.

Yes, this is not my only pen! I find quite a bit of joy, trying to "tame" a nib of this size and to suit my writing around it...

Edited by sailorboy

Looks almost wide enough to be a music nib.

Visconti Homo Sapiens Lava (F), Visconti Crystal Demonstrator (F), Visconti Metropolis Gun Metal (M), MB PoA Ludovico Sforza (F), Lamy 2K (XF), Pelikan M205 (M).

• 2 years later...

~ My vision isn't up to the task.

Are the images of the Bespoke 6B Signature Nib shown here with 1 slit or 2 slits?

Tom K.

~ My vision isn't up to the task.

Are the images of the Bespoke 6B Signature Nib shown here with 1 slit or 2 slits?

Tom K.

I think there are 3 slits in that monster. at least that's what I can make out from the first pic.

Very interesting nib indeed, I am very happy with the O3B; that 6B would be too much I think for daily writing but in the hands of a Calligrapher it would do wonders.

Thanks for sharing by the way.

Luis A.