Bexley Pen Company

Dennis B

Mitch- thanks for the tip on the giant.

I was looking for a black one , however. Plus, I want to get another Prometheus. I love big pens.

Are you a Buckeye fan like Howard? :)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wolverine1

• Mitchkool

• Dennis B

• Rufus

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm quite pleased to see the renewed interest in this thread. Not only am I a Bexley dealer, but I have concentrated quite a large portion of my collection to Bexley pens.

Since I started this thread nearly 18 months ago, I have created some web pages (still under construction) to showcase my Bexley collection, sort of an unofficial Bexley archive. I have posted pics of pens and even some period ads and if you wish to take a look, the link is below.

Great pens in my opinion and almost certainly sure to be many future rarities as the numbers of even the most popular models have been relatively small.

Thanks for joining in.

Dennis Bowden

Contact James Dolive from www.totalfinewriting.com he has a giant in cream for sale.

Mitch from Columbus, huh. What, they gave you a vacation from school out in NYC? ;)

Good to see you on the board. I'm still awaiting that custom dinner. Enjoyed the chat at the NJ show.

-david

Edited by david i

Very cool. I wish I could see the entire pieces instead of just the two brief clips.

Bexleys are my favorite pens. That they are THE American company now makes them even more special for me. One of these days, I'll have my own LE just like Bryant did. :D But... that is a long way off.

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

Me too. While Howard makes very high quality pens, I also like the fac that they are 100% American made. Even though he makes them in "enemy" territory. :):) ( you have to be an Ohio State Univ or Michigan football fan to get that inside joke!! :):)

So, Mitch, are you into the whole Wolverine vs Buckeye rivalry thing?

Bexleys are my favourite pens and are at the core of my FP collection at 22. I'm on the hunt to add more out of production Bexleys to my collection, including, but not limited to an Original button-filler (I have a C/C-filler), a plain ebonite Decoband, an Onyx Gemstone (although I'll take another colour in a pinch), a Classique and a Giant (which I know I can't afford). I particularly like the Bexley 18k nib, which I consider the "gold standard" of nibs. There are many great nibs out there, but none surpasses the Bexley; I don't know what Howard does to those 18k Bocks, but whatever it is it's fantastic. I can hardly wait to see what Howard has up his sleeve for the 2009 Owners' Club LE; if you're reading this Howard, I beg you not to keep us in suspense for too long.

I forgot to add that I want to thank Dennis Bowden for the remarkable job he is doing in publishing his web pages cataloguing his personal collection of Bexley Pens. This is an indispensible resource for us Bexley fanatics and has spurred me on in my quest for "old" Bexleys. Keep up the good work Dennis and thanks again.

Edited by Rufus

Bryan

"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes." Winston S. Churchill

OSU, all the way!!!! We set all are nibs by hand individually in the shop. I know. I do it.

Mitch, you and your colleagues are doing an outstanding job and are to be congratulated. To me, Bexley Pens have it all: the creme de la creme of nibs, flawless "fit and finish", thoughtful engineering, pleasing designs and a fair price point.

Bryan

"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes." Winston S. Churchill

http://www.myfox28columbus.com/newsroom/gdc/video.shtml Howard Levy does interview with fox news on bexley pens, two segments.

Fountain Pens are also great for hard working Blue collar workers.

I know his market is for high executives, but I wish he mentioned that fountain pens are for anyone.

But I have to hand it to Bexley, They cover all the bases in the pen world.

Great looking, Great Writer and affordable even for us warehouse working types....

:thumbup:

Godspeed

regards....Classics

"Churn the Butter"

Well, I love Bexleys. I need to find a Prometheus in the Orange color,and also get the Americana in all the colors. And a few POseidons- I especially likethe LEs that Howard has made for John Mottishaw, the Tea Time Series.

I have only recently got into the Bexleys and really love the look of them.

Plus they are made in the good old USA.

Classics

"Churn the Butter"

Mitch- question for you: Do you guys do factory tours for Bexley pen owners and fans?

I visit Dublin a few times a year to visit friends who live there. It would be nice to be able to visit, if that is a possibility.

TIA.

BTW, seeing how bad the Wolverine's team is this year, the Buckeyes are going to win again this year. Big time.

We greatly appreciate all the wonderful comments about Bexley's. We greatly anticipate the release of our newest pen the Maki-e Dragon Le. http://www.bexleypen.com/Products/make-e-dragon.htm This is a 28 peice LE.

Mitch, that's a stunning pen, but it's out of my price league, unfortunately. When are we going to get a peak at the 2009 Owners' Club LE? The suspense is killing me.

Bryan

We do tours, all you have to do is simply make a phone call to the shop, and talk to Howard and simply say your name and express your interest and if the time is right then you can set up a meeting and tour. For those of you who keep asking about the 09 owners club must simply keep waiting. It will be released soon, but probably closer to the holiday season.

Thanks Mitch- I will call and try to schedule one during my next visit to Dublin.

We do tours, all you have to do is simply make a phone call to the shop, and talk to Howard and simply say your name and express your interest and if the time is right then you can set up a meeting and tour. For those of you who keep asking about the 09 owners club must simply keep waiting. It will be released soon, but probably closer to the holiday season.

Mitch, by "holiday season" do you mean American Thanksgiving or Christmas? Oh, perhaps you meant Canadain Thanksgiving, which is this weekend...no! :crybaby:

Bryan