The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

15 Turquoise And Beachy Blue Inks

turquoise blue herbin rohrer & klingner pelikan waterman diamine montblanc visconti pilot iroshizuku

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 gbb

gbb

Vintage Nibbage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:25

Hey, Im curious if there was a clear winner in terms of shading? Im debating between rk mare and diamine aqua. Thanks, I already have the waterman which is great.
Otium cum dignitate, negotium sine periculo.

Sponsored Content

#42 bstnnyc

bstnnyc

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:55

Hey, Im curious if there was a clear winner in terms of shading? Im debating between rk mare and diamine aqua. Thanks, I already have the waterman which is great.

Hi gbb, I didn't notice any monster shaders out of the true turquoise inks, but the Herbin Bleu Pervenche is probably the one I get the most consistent shading from. The R&K Blu Mare and the Diamine Aqua Blue look pretty close in terms of shading overall (with the Diamine shading a bit more in the pen and paper combinations I've tried -- in some instances). I don't get consistent dramatic shading out of either, but here is a zoom in of the scan in an area where the Diamine decided it felt like really shading that day :P

TurquoiseInks11copy_zps75c2e8f8.jpg

#43 LionRoar

LionRoar

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 January 2015 - 17:08

I have used two light turquose inks:

Waterman South Sea Blue: very watery looking and hard to read because of the low contrast, although it behaves very well

Private Reserves Naples Blue: very beautiful and saturated, looks better than Waterman, but the color rubs off even after the ink dry.

I will stick to darker inks going forward, although I understand why people like pretty colors like this.

#44 siovale

siovale

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2015 - 17:24

Thank you for such a wonderful job with your review of these inks.

I just started using the Kon-peki and the colour is gorgeous. Especially with the zoom nib on my Sailor.

Lovely inks, in my humble opinion, the Iroshizukus.

Edited by siovale, 26 April 2015 - 17:26.

#45 HalloweenHJB

HalloweenHJB

More color!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,242 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 April 2015 - 17:42

I normally prefer photos but since I am staying with my parents for the holidays and they have a scanner I wanted to give it a shot and try adding some scanned images that are a bit more zoomed in. I could not edit my original post so I will paste them here. If these are helpful I can add some as well for the other comparisons. Let me know!

Gorgeous!  Beautiful array of colors in a helpful order!

#46 5Cavaliers

5Cavaliers

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2015 - 22:50

Terrific review and comparision! 

I love J. Herbin Bleu Pervenche!  It is my "go-to" turquoise.  But I also love Waterman South Seas (todays Waterman Inspired). 

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours.  When it is gone, it is gone.  Be wise, but enjoy!  - anonymous today

#47 HalloweenHJB

HalloweenHJB

More color!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,242 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:16

Terrific review and comparision! 

I love J. Herbin Bleu Pervenche!  It is my "go-to" turquoise.  But I also love Waterman South Seas (todays Waterman Inspired). 

I agree with you completely.  "Must have" inks.  

#48 MCN

MCN

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 July 2015 - 23:37

Somehow I'm very late to this party, but thanks for the extremely useful comparisons!

#49 MathurinKerbouchard

MathurinKerbouchard

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:41

Also very late to the party but I'm sure glad I saw this thread. It is a lovely comparison of the turquoise inks. I was thinking of getting either the R&K Blue Mare or the Pilot Iro Kon Peki. Now I am leaning towards the R&K. Thank you for this great comparison/review.

#50 Mastiff

Mastiff

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:18

Even later to the party but thank you for your excellent review.

I was incidentally looking into buying some turquoise inks as I have been somewhat disappointed with my only turquoise- Noodlers. Having read your review and seen the images, I've just placed an order for Blue Mare and Asa Blue.

#51 jandrese

jandrese

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 14:18

Just now stumbled across this excellent comparison. Thanks so much. Now to buy some more inks. I've Pelikan turquoise already but am thinking about getting Noodler's Navajo and J. Herbins offering. Maybe more, who knows. 

#52 Frank66

Frank66

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 September 2016 - 17:57

Thanks bstnnyc, this is a great review. I like turquoise inks myself too, sometimes I add a tiny amount of green to get kind of a teal shade. Again thanks for the great review.

- Kaigelu 316 Modification (250 #6 Bock Nib / Beaufort Ink Converter)
- Titanium Bock Nib - Kaigelu 316 - Beaufort Ink

- Bock Rollerball Nib In Jinhao 886 Pen - Beaufort Ink Converter

- No affiliation with pen industry, just a pen hobbyist.

- It matters what you write, only for us it matters what we write it with.

#53 Green Ink

Green Ink

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 September 2016 - 19:21

Wonderful review. I've enjoyed the commenting back and forth too. I love my Waterman Inspired Blue/South Seas Blue. I get sheen! Looking forward to trying some samples mentioned here. Again, THANKS FOR YOUR COMPARISONS!!!!!

#54 chromantic

chromantic

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 September 2016 - 03:11

Very thorough, Chrissy. I'd been wondering if Kon-peki could replace Pervenche; sadly, no. (Ama-iro is closer but still no cigar.) On the bright side, you've saved me $20. Thanks.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

#55 MrsHobie

MrsHobie

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 October 2016 - 20:03

Thanks for the comparison, I'm still looking for the "perfect blue" ans I think it will help me.

And I must say you have chosen a beautiful sentence to test these inks ;)

One pen roll, two pen rolls, three pen rolls ... So many pen rolls ! Do you want one ?
my tiny shop is open  and you can have a closer look on my website to see my cotton (and sometimes silk) OOAK penrolls.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: turquoise, blue, herbin, rohrer & klingner, pelikan, waterman, diamine, montblanc, visconti, pilot iroshizuku

Sponsored Content

|