I bought my first vintage rescue today, and am trying to identify it so I can purchase parts. In addition to the picture posted, here's what I know about it so far.
- It has a 14k gold flex nib stamped EAGLE (top line; largest) 14K (midline; midsize) MADE IN USA (nib base & smallest; slightly curved)
- The cap is postable and screws on. It's also missing the clip and jewel.The missing jewel (and possibly double-duty clip securer) should screw in as well.
- There's a small hole in one side of the cap.
- The colors are large veins of flat black and opalescent medium blue, with smaller veins of pearly white running throughout.
- It's a lever fill, and I think the sac is black latex.
- The cap ring might be brass. It's tarnished a bit.
- I've been able to identify several seams via color alone, but you can't feel them.
- I've been unable to find an Eagle brand pen that looks similar. I think it may be a Frankenpen. The body looks similar to a Shaeffer Prosperity, with the exception of the pointed cap end.
I would like to
- Find a cap and jewel complimentary to the pen and if possible, accurate to the body's lineage and history (gettin' fancy now!)
- Know more about it in general, including general worth, etc.
- Repair the pen to the point that it works and looks pretty, but isn't a full-on, bank-breaking restoration.
I am an utter newbie at this, so any resources you could direct me toward or information you can give is awesome! Thanks!