Trying To Contact Tom Westerich

Calamus plasticus

I've been trying to contact Tom with no success: his FPN messenger is full and he does not reply to emails, so perhaps his email inbox is full too.

This is strange, as he usually replies very quickly to messages.

Perhaps he took the month off? Or perhaps he is uncommunicated and does not know that?

So, please, Tom, if you see this post, contact me and check your inboxes!

Regards.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calamus plasticus

• sargetalon

• canibanoglu

• Keyless Works

Maybe it got caught in his spam filter. He's usually quick but I tried to buy a pen from him once and it took him a week to respond.

Yes, that's a good explanation... well, let's hope he sees this post.

Thanks!

He is on Facebook. Perhaps you can try contacting him through there (if you are also on FB).

Good idea, Lisa: I will try FB too.

Thanks!

I was emailing him (last week) about a few pens he had for sale, replied within 10 minutes on all of them. Maybe I was just lucky with the timing. Look what time it is in Germany, and send one around midday.

Edit - Just checked, I emailed him at 10am his time. Good luck.

Tom.

Edited by FoszFay

I was emailing him (last week) about a few pens he had for sale, replied within 10 minutes on all of them.

That's exactly what I was afraid of...

I will wait a couple of weeks more and then I will tell my story.

Thank you very much for your imput, Tom.

I met Tom on the Tilburg pen show

Now on the Brussles fair.Suppose he is quite buzy

Yeah: my email from yesterday finally received a reply. An automatic "out of office" reply... but a reply nonetheless.

I will wait another week and try again.

Try via Facebook. Sometimes he can be slow to answer. He was in Valencia Pen Show, so that may be a reason...¿Holidays maybe?

I am curious, let's see if you tell your story...

• 5 months later...

Sadly, I'm in the same situation now. I've been trying to contact him and he replied once to my first email and didn't reply to any of my subsequent queries about the item or to other queries about some other items. It's a shame really, he really has some great stuff on the site and I keep seeing good stuff said about him. But it makes me wonder, if he can find the time to place new items on the site on an almost daily basis, he should be able to find some time to reply to queries about those items.

Oh well, the excruciating wait is going on...

So what's the story?

Franklin-Christoph, Italix, and Pilot pens are the best!
Iroshizuku, Diamine, and Waterman inks are my favorites!

Apica, Rhodia, and Clairefontaine make great paper!

I emailed Tom once to ask about an item on Penboard. Didn't get a reply and ended up buying from elsewhere.

Victim of his own success I guess ?

I made a purchase from him that went smoothly with good communication last month. I made an inquiry last week about another pen and we had a little back and forth. My latest reply has gone unanswered after several days though so I'm not hopeful about pursuing another purchase. Curiously the pen of my interest is now off the site which either goes along with what I proposed or he sold it to another buyer.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Well, all in all I can't say that I'm psyched about how he approached his customers. He either chooses who to reply to because he doesn't want to sell to everyone or he simply doesn't care. I saw him post a thread here about a week ago. It's been almost 3 weeks since I first contacted him...

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I'm reviving this thread because I need some advice. Tom is a well known pen retailer and I have had successful dealings with him in the past. He had recently listed a pen for sale and we went back and forth on it quite regularly for 2 or 3 email exchanges until we arrived at a mutually agreeable price. I made payment on 3/6 and I have not received any communication from Tom since then. In my prior transaction, I promptly received a tracking number and the pen arrived quickly. I'm concerned that he is ill or that there is some other external factors preventing his response so I don't want to cast judgement or get unduly angry/frustrated.

That said, it is now 3/30 and I have not received the pen. The last transaction took 11 business days to arrive. Today is the 20th shipping day. I sent emails on 3/13, 3/18, and 3/29 very politely requesting a tracking number. I understand that international parcels can easily get way laid and can get tied up in customs. I'm not upset that I haven't received the pen yet, only that I don't know what's become of it. At this point, all I wish to know is 1) that it was shipped, 2) and where it might be in the delivery process. I do not wish to file a PayPal claim against such a reputable seller but in the absence of any communication despite multiple attempts and if the pen does not arrive within the next 2 weeks, I'll be forced to in order to protect myself. I only have 21 days left to file a claim and I've set a hard deadline for 4/13 to do so. Thanks for any advice or input that you may have.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

If there's another contact method - other email address, facebook, twitter, phone number, postal address etc try that. Otherwise you've done all you can.

Send him another email mentioning you're going to cancel the Paypal payment, give him some time to respond and then cancel it.

If someone else posts here to say they're in regular contact with Tom, cancel your Paypal straight away

I believe he's alright, there were photos of him from a recent pen show. He's been unresponsive towards my inquiries lately as well... I hope things work out for you soon.