The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Decimo Nib Section Leaking?

decimo noodlers bad belted kingfish leaking nib converter stuck

3 replies to this topic

#1 poisonball

poisonball

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:44

Hey guys,

I bought a decimo from Japan's rakuten (had a friend recieve it in Japan for me ) and then when I put in the converter CON50 I think, the... metal bit got stuck when I tried to pull out the converter?

Converter%2520stuck.jpg

I don't know how to get it out now. :( And now I'm worried it might be causing it to leak:

decimo%2520F%2520nib%2520questions.jpg

It keeps smearing ink when I click it open. I don't know if this is because the ink is Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher, or whether it's from the converter issue. Should I try diluting the ink to see if that will fix the issue?

Edited by poisonball, 26 September 2014 - 07:47.

Sponsored Content

#2 FoszFay

FoszFay

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:01

I can't help, but a post about a VP 'blobbing' ink when clicking it open was just started not long ago, I'll try get the link, there may be some answer there.

Here it is, note that this was customised, but I am 99.99% certain it is not the cause of the problem.

http://www.fountainp...k/#entry3130350

Also, is the "metal thing" the ink agitator that was in the converter? I think you should try and get it out if it is stuck in the pen, and see if the problem persists. More photos would help also. Particularly of where the converter goes onto the nipple.

Tom.

Edited by FoszFay, 26 September 2014 - 11:05.

#3 poisonball

poisonball

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:15

I can't help, but a post about a VP 'blobbing' ink when clicking it open was just started not long ago, I'll try get the link, there may be some answer there.

Here it is, note that this was customised, but I am 99.99% certain it is not the cause of the problem.

http://www.fountainp...k/#entry3130350

Also, is the "metal thing" the ink agitator that was in the converter? I think you should try and get it out if it is stuck in the pen, and see if the problem persists. More photos would help also. Particularly of where the converter goes onto the nipple.

Tom.

Thanks for the link! :D I did read that maybe it was the ink - when someone switched to Pilot ink the issue went away. ight now the ink just... is  on the nib, just looks a bit wet and messy.

As to the metal thing - I meant the converter's metal collar/sleeve is stuck in the pen. I tried pushing the converter in and getting it out again, but it won't come out?

:( I can't seem to get more photos - the metal ... bit that houses the converter/cartrige covers it all up to the end, practically.

#4 poisonball

poisonball

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 September 2014 - 15:09

God I'm an idiot - it turns out that the converter DOESN"T have a metal ring in the first place. No idea why I thought it had one - so I didn't leave any bits in the nib-unit. There's just the fact that it seems to love being super wet. maybe it's the ink and I should just use noodler's black in it.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: decimo, noodlers bad belted kingfish, leaking nib, converter stuck

Sponsored Content

|