The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Blue Merle - Organics Studio

organics studio

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 visvamitra

visvamitra

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2014 - 19:54

Blue mMerle is supposed to be Blue / Black. For me it's more Grey / Blue. Anyway I like the vintage feel about this ink. I read that Organics Studio owner tried to recreate some old Carter's recipe. He's named the ink after - I believe - his dog Ernest (called after his favourite writer - Ernest Hemingway).

INK SPLASH

a6Iwsn.jpg

DROPS OF INK ON KITCHEN TOWEL

9sjHo3.jpg

CHROMATOGRAPHY

VsyoJK.jpg

SOFTWARE IDENTIFICATION / COLOR RANGE

eNgo9L.jpg

b6WgIW.jpg

Sypbft.jpg

uuRKKF.jpg

raqAgK.jpg

Jinhao X750 in calendar

oC4Q7E.jpg

WqF4rf.jpg

Oxford Paper

NnpP46.jpg

6ZH0gw.jpg

DRY TIME

cS0o0Y.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Aurko

Aurko

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:30

I really like this ink! You may have convinced me to buy a bottle yet. 

#3 acute

acute

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:22

Visvamitra - you are producing great ink reviews - I particularly appreciate the chromatography bit, as I use fountain pens for sketching with a water-brush.

Thank you!

#4 Bemo

Bemo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:52

I have to say after several months of using this ink I still don't know how I feel about it. I'm not mesmerized by it really, but I find it compelling. It does have an old feel to it. I do keep coming back to it often. Of course it's in my Pelikan Cognac which certainly doesn't hurt.

#5 WilsonCQB1911

WilsonCQB1911

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2014 - 18:16

I love this ink. One of my favorites. Thanks for the writeup.

#6 rudyhou

rudyhou

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:18

this is a very nice grey.  it looks dark enough for a daily formal writing.  me like very much  :thumbup:

-rudy-

#7 Jared

Jared

Broad Italics & Stubs

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 16:00

Too bad that Organics Studio won't be making any more ink...at least not anytime soon.

From Organics Studio's Facebook page, as of Sept 24, 2014:

So as many of you have found out today, Organics Studio is officially on an extended hiatus. As you may or may not know, I recently started graduate school in the medical sciences at Weill-Cornell Medical  College in New York. My goal was to try and keep Organics Studio going in the background, as it is very near and dear to my heart. Unfortunately, I've had to come to the sobering realization that this is not possible. I would be overcommitting myself, and both my hobby and my studies would suffer, which is not acceptable. So yes, as of this past week, Organics Studio is paused. 

I met Tyler a few months ago at the DC Supershow - great guy and was making some very interesting ink.  I'll be sorry to see it go, as I think increased competition only makes for better ink and more choices.

#8 Tas

Tas

Graphophile . . .

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 October 2014 - 16:27

I love this ink. One of my favorites. Thanks for the writeup.

Same . . .  :)

#9 WilsonCQB1911

WilsonCQB1911

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:06

Too bad that Organics Studio won't be making any more ink...at least not anytime soon.

So as many of you have found out today, Organics Studio is officially on an extended hiatus. As you may or may not know, I recently started graduate school in the medical sciences at Weill-Cornell Medical  College in New York. My goal was to try and keep Organics Studio going in the background, as it is very near and dear to my heart. Unfortunately, I've had to come to the sobering realization that this is not possible. I would be overcommitting myself, and both my hobby and my studies would suffer, which is not acceptable. So yes, as of this past week, Organics Studio is paused. 

I met Tyler a few months ago at the DC Supershow - great guy and was making some very interesting ink.  I'll be sorry to see it go, as I think increased competition only makes for better ink and more choices.

I stocked up on 8 bottles of Blue Merle, I like it so much

#10 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,809 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:41

Yes, sadly, school has to come first (as it should).  Which is too bad, because I really meant to get a full bottle of Blue Merle -- I liked the color a whole lot.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#11 Jared

Jared

Broad Italics & Stubs

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 13:23

It is a nice color, and one that I wonder if I would have liked it had I tried it.  The photos remind me of a slightly greyer version of Sheaffer Blue-Black, or a bluer version of J.Herbin Stormy Grey, or....I guess you could come up with your own mix.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: organics studio

Sponsored Content

|