The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Parker 75 Clip Improvisation

parker 75 p75 clip flow nib tine spread 65 p65

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ARVA

ARVA

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2014 - 18:10

I was thinking to share my happiness with you

This summer I bought a Parker 75 and a Parker 65 for a really low price.

The seller stated that the pens are broken but I was optimistic.

After an inspection they were in a really bad shape, the P65 had a destroyed section and the P75 was not writing at all only when applying a large amount of pressure, the clip was missing, the chrome clutch ring was rotten off, the clutch missing too, it had different tassies (flat at the cap, dished at barrel).

It looked like this:

_DSC2128.jpg

I'm not a purist so i started to improvise to make it look reasonable and to make it write without the original parts.

I was able to find a clutch spring in an old noname fountainpen which worked well in my case. 

Because the P65 was hopeless without a new section I took off the clip with the end jewel and mounted it on the P75.

After these modifications I was pleased with the pens looks. But it was not functional yet. After reading here that

also a piece of 35mm film can be used to spread the tines I tried it. After a few tries and adjustments the nib was 

functional again smooth and wet, the only thing was that it seemed that it had a much thicker line than an "F" nib.

But it is perfect for me.

Even like this I'm really happy that I can use it.

And this is how it looks with the P65 clip:

_DSC6131.jpg

I know that it is really beaten up and almost every part comes from a different country (cap -USA, barrel+nib -France, clip+convertor -England, clutch spring -China) but it works  :D

What do you think about the clip? 

Sponsored Content

#2 icardoth

icardoth

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 19:23

It looks pretty decent to me. Better that I expected.  :thumbup:

#3 Ernst Bitterman

Ernst Bitterman

Nil Magnum Nisi Bonum

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,044 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 September 2014 - 20:09

Yaaaah!  Get the pitchforks and torches!

...and now that that's out of my system:  Say, that's pretty good looking  :thumbup:

Ravensmarch Pens & Books
It's mainly pens, just now....

Oh, good heavens. He's got a blog now, too.

fpn_1465330536__hwabutton.jpg

#4 ARVA

ARVA

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:41

Thank you for your replies !  :D

It's good to know that there are interchangeable parts in pens even if it's not that obvious.

#5 amk

amk

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:46

Well, you have saved one pen from the scrap pile, a meritorious act just like saving a mongrel cat from a refuge. And... it's a mongrel, but who cares. It still needed your love!

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker, 75, p75, clip, flow, nib, tine, spread, 65, p65

Sponsored Content

|