The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

The Perfect Feed Placement On An Ahab? Writing Comparison With Lamy Safari With Photos

ahab safari lamy safary noodlers ahab feed placement

No replies to this topic

#1 LunarPentagram

LunarPentagram

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 September 2014 - 21:25

Hello, this is my first post.

Anywho, I think I might have found the perfect feed placement on an Ahab.

Out of the box, it barely wrote at all. Tons of skipping. But after adjusting the feed and putting it a little lower, it was perfect.

Here's a picture of writing before adjusting the feed and after, excuse my bad handwriting:

27y8x2a.jpg

Here's a picture of writing and playing with the flex after adjusting the feed. There's still some railroading when pushing the Ahab to its limits though:

wmgv12.jpg

Here's a writing comparison between the adjusted Ahab and a Lamy Safari with a medium nib. Both pens are using Noodler's Bulletproof Black ink. The Ahab's writing is noticeably darker and wetter:

29c6t15.jpg

Here's a signature comparison between the Safari and the Ahab. I like the Ahab's signature more, but that might be because the flex might have made it look a little better. But it is nicer looking and blacker than the Safari's.

nmi3o3.jpg

Finally, here is a picture of the feed placement on the Ahab.

11wdm4k.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Edited by LunarPentagram, 23 September 2014 - 21:36.

Sponsored Content

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ahab, safari, lamy safary, noodlers ahab, feed placement

Sponsored Content

|