Awesome But Unexplored?! The K-Nine Inventor Fp Review. (Article + Video Link)

cjpandya

Well we have an interesting review today. It is a review of a pen brand unheard of by me at least.

But before beginning, i would like to mention that I Have Uploaded a VIDEO REVIEW for the same pen, on YouTube.

And as it is usually, Videos are always better! So CLICK for the video review HERE.

http://youtu.be/jp8LG1BUhd0

P.S: It is also more detailed.

Okay so that out of the way. Lets start with the review here.

K-Nine is a new Indian company which, it claims, specializes in manufacturing of high precision writing instruments.

Their product range includes Ball points, Roller Balls, Fountain pens and Mechanical pencils. And i must say, i am very impressed by the brand! The quality of the fountain pen i got is really really great! So, lets get started

The pen comes in a beautiful tin box with a shimmering gold colour!

15307236536_f7d2dd3622_z.jpg

Upon opening. It contains the usual stuff. 1 Year warranty, filling instructions and product range.

The pen itself rests firmly in a velvety plastic holder. The box itself, screams quality quality quality!

15329974212_a8646b40d2_z.jpg

The pen is made up fully of steel and the gold accents are REAL GOLD PLATED.

The overall construction of the pen is superb as well. Although it is relatively slim, the pen feels solid in hand and has a decent amount of weight to it.

15143753777_33729e1e77_z.jpg

The section has Gold Plating on it as well! And what i really like about the design is that the grip area is roughened to just the right amount and it doe not impinge in your fingers while providing
excellent grip!

The nib performs nicely. Not exactly butter smooth but far from scratchy.

15329963372_ec6353f004_z.jpg

The Filling mechanism is just a "standard international long" type, which is practical and easy to use and holds decent amount of ink.

15143599960_c1444829d4_z.jpg

CONCLUSION: Well, this company, K-Nine has really impressed me! The built quality the packaging, everything is up to the mark and value for money! So i say that if you can lend your hands on one of these! Just buy it! You will not be disappointed!!!

Edited by cjpandya

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cjpandya

• mohit agrawal

• hari317

• drvishal

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice pen. But where did you got that. And what is the price.

Someone gifted it to me Bought from a local gift shop. I guess it comes for around INR 700

Edited by cjpandya

Inked it up. Mine turned out to be very dry pen. A bit more dry for my liking. But overall build quality and finish feels nice. Specially the knurled grip is a looker..

i guess the dryness problem was due to the nib. i broke one of the tipping of original nib, while pressing to gush out more ink may be . but that made me replace it with a wality nib ( from my broken 70t) and now it is more than wet. what is interesting,though, that i even liked the look of gold nib with gold trims. heres a picture.

post-106469-0-93890600-1412103476_thumb.jpg

i guess the dryness problem was due to the nib. i broke one of the tipping of original nib, while pressing to gush out more ink may be . but that made me replace it with a wality nib ( from my broken 70t) and now it is more than wet. what is interesting,though, that i even liked the look of gold nib with gold trims. heres a picture.

you spent 700/- on this?

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

you spent 700/- on this?

Sadly yes hari. But now i have decided to not buy anything that i find in local stores. Instead save for meaningful purchases though online. I am not the kind a guy who likes to shop online.

Sadly yes hari. But now i have decided to not buy anything that i find in local stores. Instead save for meaningful purchases though online. I am not the kind a guy who likes to shop online.

support local shops, I like to do the same, but this pen is criminal at 700/- IMHO. I just looked up their website, nothing seems to load up properly and they have only Premium and "Ultra premium" products. :lol:

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

attachicon.gifDSC_0154-compressed.jpg

That looks nice! I like the steel one better though! :-)

support local shops, I like to do the same, but this pen is criminal at 700/- IMHO. I just looked up their website, nothing seems to load up properly and they have only Premium and "Ultra premium" products. :lol:

I suppose the price is for the gold plating and the finish. I personally found it worth the price. Not mind blowing, but just as good as many of the parker pens in this price range. And it is made in INDIA.

No problem if the buyer is happy, enjoy!

Hahaha! True that! Thanks ;-) (Technically iam not a buyer though. It was a gift. ;-D)

Anyway. Sir, i wanted to buy some decent vintage fountain pens. Would you be so kind to help me out and point me in the right direction? Where can i find them? I had heard Some states have specific shops.

This FP reminds me of the flashy metal FPs of late 80s. If my memory serves me right they came under brand of Flair. And they didn't have any inspiring nibs

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

This FP reminds me of the flashy metal FPs of late 80s. If my memory serves me right they came under brand of Flair. And they didn't have any inspiring nibs

I suppose that is right sir! I have one of those flairs.

There was also a brand called Jaypee I think. Someone gifted me in 1983 or so. Must be somewhere in my parents' place.

Regards

Subramoniam

There was also a brand called Jaypee I think. Someone gifted me in 1983 or so. Must be somewhere in my parents' place.

Interesting! :-)

• 1 year later...

I just got back from India. While there I was gifted with three fountain pens. I didn't have the time to look closely and the person giving them to me isn't into fountain pens, so I really didn't know what I had. All three pens were in Parker pen boxes. When I got home I looked more closely at what I had. Very surprised to find that one of them was an Inventor K-NINE. Never heard of it but found it was an Indian pen. Felt much better that at least one of my pens was an Indian pen. Inked it up with Diamine Imperial Purple. Wrote right off. No skips, no scratching, no bad behavior. The pen is fairly smooth and it puts down a good amount of ink. Not a gusher but not the dry writer that one review mentioned. I'm quite pleased with the way this rights. Most recent pricing I could find puts this pen at about 1,100 rupees or $16 USD at 68r/$1. If I has seen this in my travels in India, I would quite likely have snapped it up. I think it's a good value for the money and as it was gifted to me, it's an even better value. Time will tell as to how well this holds up, but most reviews tend to give it a good mark for craftmanship and quality of build.

Nice to find something that is a bit of a rarity in my part of the world and something that works so well. One con, if you like to post your pen, forget it on this one. The one I have doesn't post. Not a deal breaker but something you might want to keep in mind. I particularly like the converter that came with the pen.

Edited by etaylor33