Edc Case For Pen And Pencil?

Yehuwdiy

Howdy Pilgrims,

So I've been searching for an EDC case/pouch - ah that old gem :)

BUT My system involves carrying something like my Visconti HS Bronze (sometimes something else, but not often) and a Rotring 600 mechanical pencil.

My issue is, that any pouch I've found falls short in either one of two criteria:

- quick access

- securely housing both a fat fountain pen and a thin mechanical pencil (without rubbing)

My current system is this (oh yeah, livin' the dream)...

post-116326-0-80171400-1411469833_thumb.jpg

The zipper means slow access and the bit of cardboard falls out all the time, but at least keeps my two pals from bashing each other up :/ And yes...that's a bit of tubing from a breast pump machine that came home from the hospital with our baby...it stops the point of the pencil being crushed in the zipper...

Can anyone say dodgy?

Can anyone offer a suggestion for my needs?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mtnbiker62

• Polyhistor

• hollydonut

• Yehuwdiy

Have you try fabric pen pouch from franklin christoph?

There is space between the pen loop, but the band is too tight to my preference.

The zipper is smooth to open and close. so it is easy to access.

Wow, that is one big pen there. :) Maybe you can find someone locally who's able to make you a nice fabric or leather pouch? There's plenty of talented Australian leatherworkers out there, from what I hear (You may want to have a look at leatherworker.net). You would get a solution that suits your needs in every way and also have a chance to be part of the design process without having to order something that will probably, if only ever so slightly, not be exactly what you want.

Cheers,

Adam

13968229573_ae23c291d7_m.jpg

My adventures in leatherwork (now also partly in English! :) ).

This one is always in my backpack:

attachicon.gifHightower2.jpg

This one is always in my backpack:

attachicon.gifHightower2.jpg

Very nice! Iuse either a zipped leather case or one of a pair of fabric pouches.

http://www.nerdtests.com/images/ft/nq/9df5e10593.gif

-- Avatar Courtesy of Brian Goulet of Goulet Pens (thank you for allowing people to use the logo Brian!) --

These guys have a lot of good EDC options: http://nockco.com/

I prefer nylon or cordura for EDC, because I don't have to worry about it getting scratched up, and it travels well in the backpack. The Hightower and Lookout are always with me, and the Sassafras is there when I need extra space.

I also throw a recommendation to the Nock pen cases. I have the BrassTown, Hightower, and the LookOut and love them ALL. I think they are well worth the money and the quality seems to be excellent!

(I have NO affiliation to them .. just a happy customer)

I also throw a recommendation to the Nock pen cases. I have the BrassTown, Hightower, and the LookOut and love them ALL. I think they are well worth the money and the quality seems to be excellent!

(I have NO affiliation to them .. just a happy customer)

I see that the Hightower and Lookout do not have a way to keep them closed. Is there any problem with them opening up unexpectedly?

I see that the Hightower and Lookout do not have a way to keep them closed. Is there any problem with them opening up unexpectedly?

On the Hightower, the flap folds down, then the sides fold in, then it goes in a pocket or backpack for me, so there's no way for it to open up. On the Lookout, the flap tucks under a strap across the front. If you were worried, you could put an elastic band around them, but I haven't had any problems.

Edited by mtnbiker62

fpn_1344918498__pencarrier.jpg

This is what I use. I got the eyeglass case from the dollar store.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !