Looking for everyday pen for office use...

corten

Get a Pelikan Epoch. Mine worked great on the review I was working on this AM. It has the cartridge feed and good looks. My wife gave this pen to me and I like the heck out of it. Oh, it is also very smoothe.

Edited by mike1

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." Satchel Paige, Baseball Hall of Fame Pitcher

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meanwhile

• corten

• zyg

• ac12

Hi to all:)

thank's a lot for all help..anyway..I am still thinking smile.gif

zyg: I was thinking about Charleston. but I do not like layout of the pen. And that's the fact that waterman is popular in Poland. The same Parker.. Anyway - I will buy pen online. Prices are much more lower than in shops..

I own Waterman Expert II in matt black but I hardly use it. I do not know why. Just signing documents with it..

At the moment I am seriously thinking aboout Lamy studio..more and more seriously:)

• 8 years later...

I actually am about to start a new job. As a product manager I will need to mulit-task around the plant and even travel to possibly remote areas. I'm not looking to buy, but I can if there is a serious enough need. MY current thought was my Parker 51 Special Aeromatic, but its a bottle feed only, and im afraid to lose it. I do have a TWSBI-Mini that I could work but same issue of bottle and being on the slightly smaller side. I do have a Lamy Safari, but I just don't like it as much.

Also whatever I have, the main everyday dress is smart casual gold shirts and dress pants.

As to the pen I'm just a bit lost, I also don't know (yet) how much wil be needed digital rather than in hand, I do have the ipad setup wtih notes plus that captures hand-writing. but its not a fountain pen...

Freedom First, Condemn Conformity.

I would recommend a parker 45. Perfect size for a shirt pocket, can use cartridges or converters. The cap snaps on and off just like a rollerball! I am usually taking notes in my testing lab and I carry around a notebook. I have a hard time unthreading a fountain pen one handed. Pull off caps work much better!

I have a Pilot VP, and the click feature works awesome, but I fined that the pen is too heavy to sit nicely in my shirt pocket.

The best part of the Parkers is that you can spend $20 to $50 depending on if you want the metal body or the plastic body.

Spare nibs are cheap, as are plastic replacement bodies!

Edited by dcrosier76

At the office, I switch between a Pilot Metropolitan and a Jinhao x750 (which now has a Goulet fine nib, though I used the stock medium nib for a while). The snap caps are more convenient if I have to grab a pen while I'm on the phone, and they're inexpensive enough that I won't be too upset if something happens to one of them.

--Carmen

At the moment I am seriously thinking aboout Lamy studio..more and more seriously:)

Have you looked at the Lamy Logo pen?

If it's for the office, anything you can afford to lose. One day you'll forget and leave it on your desk and guess what? You'll come back to an emptier desk. But don't worry. Your boss will praise you for having a neater desk without all the 'clutter', ie, your pen.

Pilot Metro

Lamy Next, Logo, cp1

Rosetta Explorer

Parker 45, 21 Super, IM

Any of several Chinese pens

- Baoer 388, 801

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Cross Townsend is a good recommendation. I also like St dupont pens , which you can find used on eBay for a reasonable price.

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.)

Parker 51, black, lustraloy cap. Designed to be THE office pen, and it was and is. Just forget the cartridge / converter. Refill every morning...you won;t run dry in one day of work. Worried? Get another P-51, maybe gray or burgundy just to make it easy to tell them apart. Determined about having a cartridge / converter pen? Let the second be a c/c Parker 61. Not the earlier P-61 capillary converter but the late-model c/c.

Another suggestion? Parker 75 Ciselle. The classic P-75. Easy to change the nib. Takes an Aurora cart as well as Parker Quink.

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight