The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Mont Blanc Identifiers.

mont blanc identify sale meisterstuck

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wnclee

wnclee

The Lustful Scribe

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2014 - 23:25

Hello. I need a little info please. I'm selling a set of 3 Mont Blancs on Craigslist, soon to be on FPN. But, I'm trying to answer some questions from a potential buyer. I believe reading at one point MB quit adding serial numbers to some of the pen series? I have the burgundy set of the Meisterstuck. Is this the correct name for them? I purchase & was gifted w/ them around 1992 or so. I'm quoting his spellings of the questions: "do the serial numbers and Germany on the clip rings"?, do they have the words PIX on the underside of the clips"?, do they come with the original box, service guide and engraving vouchers"? Attached is the ad from Craigslist & a couple of pics of the pens if this will help. I just a need a bit of help in order to give him accurate info.

I do thank you for your help & of course I'll do more in-depth research myself. Just have never known of some of this info before... Best, LeRoy

Attached Images

• a.JPG
  • e 2.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 chas0039

chas0039

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:15

The clip ring is the gold band near the top of the cap. Serial numbers went from 6 to 7 numbers in the early 90s, forgot what year. Look there with a magnifier and tell what you see. PIX is on the underside of the clip but not prior to 1997, so you won't see it. Nice set.

#3 foamy

foamy

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 October 2014 - 18:29

Hm. Very timely. I've just found a Mont Blanc that looks exactly like the fountain pen above (except it's black) that I had given my Uncle for a Christmas gift back in the eighties. Evidently, in '89, as the only date or any other specific info is a tiny "3/89" on the lower right corner on the warranty card in the box. 

I'll read the replies with interest.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mont blanc, identify, sale, meisterstuck

Sponsored Content

|