The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Gah, The Waiting!

salix

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Flaxmoore

Flaxmoore

Phys-ink-cian

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 September 2014 - 23:03

i ordered a bottle of R&K Salix on Amazon, but didn't realize it was shipping from Germany. The wait begins!

Any advice on staying sane during a long boat ride across the Atlantic?

Physician- signing your scripts with Skrips!

I'm so tough I vacation in Detroit.

Sponsored Content

#2 Lou Erickson

Lou Erickson

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 23:39

Order other inks?  =)

-- 

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

#3 Waski_the_Squirrel

Waski_the_Squirrel

Forum Squirrel

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 September 2014 - 23:58

i ordered a bottle of R&K Salix on Amazon, but didn't realize it was shipping from Germany. The wait begins!

In May, I ordered a pen that was shipped from Austria. The outside delivery date was July 4. It is now September, and I still don't have the pen, though I did get a nice refund from the company. 

What gave me peace during the wait was to remember that the pen would eventually arrive. What gave me peace when I realized that it might never arrive was to realize that it was just a pen. After I realized that the pen would never arrive, despite the company's promises, what kept me sane was the realization that it was a luxury item. I finally found true peace when I was working my budget and noticed that I was about $100 ahead of where I should be. Finally, I realized that the extra was the pen that never arrived. I think this helped me make peace with the pen that never arrived. I recently saw this same pen from a domestic retailer and felt no urge to purchase it.

Actually, in light of the OP's post, my story might be a bit depressing. But, the real lesson behind my story is the importance of perspective. Remember that it's just a bottle of ink.

Edited by Waski_the_Squirrel, 20 September 2014 - 23:59.

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

#4 stoof2010

stoof2010

ink stained hands

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2014 - 01:08

Lol order drom gouletpens and you will have your order in 2-3 days!! Lol
-Stefan

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2014 - 01:19

In May, I ordered a pen that was shipped from Austria. The outside delivery date was July 4. It is now September, and I still don't have the pen, though I did get a nice refund from the company. 

What gave me peace during the wait was to remember that the pen would eventually arrive. What gave me peace when I realized that it might never arrive was to realize that it was just a pen. After I realized that the pen would never arrive, despite the company's promises, what kept me sane was the realization that it was a luxury item. I finally found true peace when I was working my budget and noticed that I was about $100 ahead of where I should be. Finally, I realized that the extra was the pen that never arrived. I think this helped me make peace with the pen that never arrived. I recently saw this same pen from a domestic retailer and felt no urge to purchase it.

Actually, in light of the OP's post, my story might be a bit depressing. But, the real lesson behind my story is the importance of perspective. Remember that it's just a bottle of ink.

Nominated as post of the year...  :D

Perspective is something we all seem to lack (some more than others ;))..... thanks for the reminder.. 

fpn_1481652911__bauerinkslogo03.jpg
**** BauerInks.ca ****

**** MORE.... Robert Oster Signature INKS ****

**** NICK STEWART - KWZI INKs TEST ****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: salix

Sponsored Content

|