The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

What Did I Buy? Cadet Bchr?

ring top bchr vintage antique flex gold nib unidentified id

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TeaHive

TeaHive

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:49

I recently purchased a black chased hard rubber pen on eBay, with the only markings being an imprint of a soldier on the cap, and "Cadet 14K 2 S" on the nib to give any indication of what make or model it might be.

I've been trying to research Cadet, and have turned up nothing but Sheaffers (which this pen is decidedly NOT) and Summit, perhaps? It's a really nice pen, great writer with great flex, and much cleaner now than the listing photos I'm sharing. I'm just befuddled by the lack of information. And hoping that someone more knowledgeable of pen history might be able to shed some light on this little guy!

The listing: http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

A couple listing photos:

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG?rt=nc

Sponsored Content

#2 TeaHive

TeaHive

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,077 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 15:52

A little demonstration of flex in return for information? :P The lever was broken (the pin either slid out or broke), so I took it out and simply use the curve of a paperclip or a dime to fill it. Dime-filler love!!

[attachment=276933:photo (1).JPG]

#3 Black Spot

Black Spot

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 16:04

Lovely pen, But sadly I can not tell you more.

what do I know about pens ?

#4 TeaHive

TeaHive

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,077 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 16:20

Well, cracker balls...

#5 Randal6393

Randal6393

Love italic handwriting.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 September 2014 - 17:05

Well, we don't know all that much but ... falls in the age range of at least as old as your other pens, has a good quality flex nib, and works. Not bad! Wish you many years of enjoyable writing with it.

Enjoy,

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?

#6 TeaHive

TeaHive

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,077 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 19:20

Oh, I will be enjoying it for a long, long time, even if I don't find any information on it. I just thought I'd try! It's quickly become one of my favorite pens, while being the most mysterious.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ring top, bchr, vintage, antique, flex, gold nib, unidentified, id

Sponsored Content

|