Sneak Peek - Dallas Pen Show - Noodler's Dromgoole's - General Of The Armies - Dga

amberleadavis

I will also pull out the UV light at some point.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Cyber6

• Sinistral1

• alarickc

Sinistral1 asked if the color stabilized...

yes.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/2014-Ink_1622a.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Not to digress into politics, but as more Californians move here, maybe a more appropriate ink for the state would be one that changes from red to blue. That would be kinda fun.

Since you asked, you call Larry Dromgoole and tell him it's Amber's fault. Feel free to also blame me for the general state of the economy.

2515 Rice Boulevard | Houston, Texas 77005 | 713.526.4651

That is a very odd color of ink. Not quite sure yet what I think of it....

Don't suppose Dromgoole's does sample vials. I don't as how it's a color I'd want a full bottle of. Of course I said that about 54th MA too....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Larry wasn't sure it was going to be produced beyond this first run. The bottles are only 1 oz, so if you hate it, it isn't that much ink. If you think of it as a waterproof aqua, it's pretty cool.

Wow, that would look very nice with my Kaweco Skyline Sport in Mint (not that I need a reason to look for more ink...). Thank you for the review!

Comparison to KWZI #37 and #39

Note: Now that the ink has been on the page for about half an hour, it is looking slightly more blue.

fpn_1411696201__image.jpg

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

fpn_1411704055__image.jpg

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

So, what color do you think it actually is?

I would call it a muddy teal with no shading. It is waterproof, and rapidly soaks into the paper, but doesn't feather. It's behavior is very different than any other ink I've used, that's for sure, and so is the color.

It's a blue green teal color. Starts more green then changes pretty rapidly to blue green teal. The more I use it the more I like it. The color is surprisingly nice, but the performance is worth noting. It flows freely, but is not wet. It dries fast without feathering or bleed through even on crappy copy paper. Show through is minimal. It is essentially waterproof, which as has been mentioned is unusual for this type of color. There is nib creep but, hey, it's a Noodler's ink. All in all it's a very good ink.

Larry was not hot on this ink. It seems, however, that it has got some early fans so maybe Larry can be convinced to carry it forward into larger bottles. If not it may be that Nathan will pursue it or a similar color.

The more I use and see it, the more I like it too.

My son in law left with my bottle before I got to try it!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

My son in law left with my bottle before I got to try it!!

No respect.