The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

FPN appearing slow

Dearest Member or Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,
Due to a continuing DDoS attack, and a hardware malfunction, FPN is moving only slowly. Hosting Support is dealing with both issues, but unfortunately both take time. Until these both resolve, FPN will continue to be slow. ETA is not available yet. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Warm regards, the FPN Moderator & Admin Team

Photo

Wearever: Please Help Me Id This Pen.

wearever vintage old cartridge pen id id help wearever id help wearever id

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 phr4nkr4wk5

phr4nkr4wk5

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:41

Hi guys, I'm still here!

I recently bought a Wearever at an antique stop. A bit of a learning experience -- made me look up the brand, and I learned that Wearever produced models prolifically, some even without names. That makes ID more challenging, of course, which is why I need your help. :3 I bought my pen for around eight bucks, by the way -- was that an OK deal? Anyway, so I am curious now as to what model it is, if it has a name, and where I can acquire a converter or cartridge(s) to use with it. The pen is the same as the one pictured to the far right in this eBay listing: http://www.ebay.com/...=item1e919703f8 .

Thanks in advance for the help.

(P.S. This is a repost of http://www.fountainp...p/#entry3118702 -- in case a moderator would like to remove the old mis-forummed post)

my pen collection: Dollar 717i Demonstrator x3, fake Hero 616, Lamy Safari EF, Manuscript Dodec, Pilot 78g x2, Platinum Preppy F x7, Reform 1745 x2, Sheaffer Calligraphy Pen, Unidentified Wearever

Sponsored Content

#2 rwilsonedn

rwilsonedn

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 19:08

The good news is that, maybe with a little adjustment, it should be a really good writer. The bad news is that if it is indeed a cartridge pen, it will get a little tricky. Wearever cartridges were proprietary. You'll have to shop around and find either a used one, or some new old stock ones, and refill them.

#3 phr4nkr4wk5

phr4nkr4wk5

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:25

The good news is that, maybe with a little adjustment, it should be a really good writer. The bad news is that if it is indeed a cartridge pen, it will get a little tricky. Wearever cartridges were proprietary. You'll have to shop around and find either a used one, or some new old stock ones, and refill them.

Thanks, that's what I figured. I guess I'll have to do some hunting around on the Internet. :S Though, I'm still wondering, do you happen to know what the model name of that pen is?

my pen collection: Dollar 717i Demonstrator x3, fake Hero 616, Lamy Safari EF, Manuscript Dodec, Pilot 78g x2, Platinum Preppy F x7, Reform 1745 x2, Sheaffer Calligraphy Pen, Unidentified Wearever

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wearever, vintage, old, cartridge pen, id, id help, wearever id help, wearever id

Sponsored Content

|