bstnnyc

I've just bought the Rose Cyclamen and I love it to bits! It's in my Parker 51 Signet with the broad nib and gosh, it's fun.

I want to get the R+K Solferino and Fernambuk, but it seems to be difficult getting it in France.

Me, too! Rose Cyclamen is a new favorite, as is R & K Solferino. Really rich colors and worth the extra effort to get them! And I cannot recommend highly enough Pelikan Edelstein Turmaline. The shading is tremendous and there's even a bit of subtle sheen on the right paper.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bstnnyc

• HalloweenHJB

• tinysnail

• amberleadavis

Hi everyone, with access to a scanner this week, I have started scanning some old comparisons in case people prefer looking at scanned images to photos of writing samples.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f99/emrys1221/PinkInks3copy_zps602e965d.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f99/emrys1221/PinkInks3_zps200691d1.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f99/emrys1221/PinkInks2_zps8b0964aa.jpg

PS for some reason Fernambuk is not turning out as true to the actual color as it should via scanner (it looks too orangey) and I think the set of photos of this ink in the first post are truer to its actual color.

I like them all!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I like them all!

I couldn't agree MORE! Great colors --I was not acquainted with the Iroshizuku Yama-budo, but I will have to give that one a try!

I now have a bottle of Noodlers Black Swan in Australian Roses....very close to Yams Budo?

The colors might be similar but the writing experiences are so different and the sheen is very different.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

The colors might be similar but the writing experiences are so different and the sheen is very different.

Ooooo! I can't wait to compare them... :eureka:

For what it's worth, KWZI's Violet #9 leans to the pink side - and if the paper gets wet, the ink becomes more intensive.

I received a batch of samples shortly before Christmas. I had asked for Violet #9 on a whim, as I'm not usually partial to inks in that part of the spectrum (gave away my bottle of Edelstein Turmaline, as I couldn't get along with it).

This ink has been a pleasant surprise, and it's one of the (ahem) several full bottles I have now ordered.

You can see a full list of KWZI inks, plus swatches, links to reviews, etc, in this thread, started on 19 December 2014 (Violet #9 is ink #47 in the list, with the colour code 2011). Fair warning: if you like inks and don't know this range yet, think carefully before clicking on the link, as you may face temptation...

(No affiliation to KWZI or any other ink/pen manufacturer or vendor.)

Do we have a Pink Swatches thread yet?

Okay, we do now....

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/281636-inky-t-o-d-color-swatches-pink-and-magenta-please-post-your-pictures-and-tell-us-your-thoughts/

Please add any pink swatches, we'd love to collect them.

• 2 years later...

I've just bought the Rose Cyclamen and I love it to bits! It's in my Parker 51 Signet with the broad nib and gosh, it's fun.

I want to get the R+K Solferino and Fernambuk, but it seems to be difficult getting it in France. Whereas Herbin, of course, is everywhere - well, okay, not everywhere, but I know at least three places I can get it easily.

Just read the newest posts on your blog, your Phileas/Kultur collection is incredible. Please post the picture on the Waterman subforum in the Phileas thread.

I think one of your Phileas color is unique. (sorry for the off topic and use of an old post)

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?