The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Found A Source For Some Limited Edition Al-Star And Safari Pens

lamy safari al-star limited edition

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 gammada

gammada

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2014 - 22:30

Hello Lamy fans,

Just found a local source that has limited stock of Safari Apple Green ($70), Safari Neon Yellow ($60) and Al-Star black ($120).

They had some Silvergreen and Pearl Al-Stars when I arrived there today, but I guy took them all just a minute after I came in. Arrrgggghhh!!

Anyway, the store doesn't have an online venue but I offer myself to buy the pens for you and send them away in whatever mail carrier you prefer.

BTW all pens are delivered in this gorgeous box, not the cardboard one, so its another plus!

Attached Images

• lamy_alstar_bk-box.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 FayeV

FayeV

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2014 - 23:02

I've seen the Neon Yellow Safari online for $22 to $30-ish.

Pen Chalet has it for $22.

Goulet has it for $26.

Amazon has it for $28-$33.

No affiliation. Just throwing out a few other options for those who want a Neon Yellow Safari.

Edited by FayeV, 13 September 2014 - 23:06.

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

#3 gammada

gammada

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2014 - 23:36

No affiliation. Just throwing out a few other options for those who want a Neon Yellow Safari.

Thanks for pointing that out FayeV! Indeed, it is cheaper elsewhere. So too apparently for the Apple Green version.

The black thou, it's more expensive and more scarce on eBay http://www.ebay.com/...=item4184170b4f

#4 gammada

gammada

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 September 2014 - 16:52

After reading this thread, I guess it's better to buy -thou at premium rates from reputable sources than risking it on the net:
http://www.fountainp...-on-ebay/page-2

Previously on the Montblanc forum, I was told that Amazon affiliates (not Amazon) also sell fake pens from time to time, so beware!

#5 Icywolfe

Icywolfe

I <3 Anime

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 September 2014 - 18:50

The GPC is a reputable online store though.

#Nope

#6 coppilcus

coppilcus

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 September 2014 - 21:15

Expensive source!

#7 FayeV

FayeV

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 September 2014 - 21:38

The GPC is a reputable online store though.

Pen Chalet seems like a reputable online store also. I bought 3 Pelikan M205 pens recently from them and am very happy with the pens and their quick shipping/delivery. I can't imagine this online retailer selling a fake Lamy Safari. I'm also very comfortable ordering from Goulet Pen Company and have made several orders there this year.

I worry about making purchases on eBay, after having heard horror stories.

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

#8 Icywolfe

Icywolfe

I <3 Anime

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 September 2014 - 21:59

Pen Chalet seems like a reputable online store also. I bought 3 Pelikan M205 pens recently from them and am very happy with the pens and their quick shipping/delivery. I can't imagine this online retailer selling a fake Lamy Safari. I'm also very comfortable ordering from Goulet Pen Company and have made several orders there this year.

I worry about making purchases on eBay, after having heard horror stories.

GPC is my go to if I want a pen or paper. I only used PC once and that was the Pilot Knight. But on PC there are some issues with the item's description. Like some pens that have gold plated nibs are labeled as having a gold nib. PC just for me seems like a retailer just wanting to sell products. GPC is almost a brick and mortar store, they know what they are selling. (Most of the time.) 

#Nope

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy, safari, al-star, limited edition

Sponsored Content

|