The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

T W S B I Loaner Program

• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

#41 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 September 2014 - 22:52

So, we now have a few more pens to try out!

If you see one of my posts and an image is missing, please copy the the URL or the link to the post and send me a PM (Private Message) so that I can upload the images. I changed hosting companies and not all of the images were uploaded.

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar?  

Get a chance to try out pens look at the TWSBI Loaners  and  Estie Loaners

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks

Fountain pens are my PREFERRED ADVANCED COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas.

Sponsored Content

#42 tinysnail

tinysnail

math & pens

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:40

I just got mine in the mail today. :vbg: I haven't had the chance to write with it for more than a few minutes, yet, but I have used it enough to know that Green Diamond is a wonderful ink. Thanks so much for starting this program, Amber!

#43 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 33,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:06

Woo Hoo.

If you see one of my posts and an image is missing, please copy the the URL or the link to the post and send me a PM (Private Message) so that I can upload the images. I changed hosting companies and not all of the images were uploaded.

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks

Fountain pens are my PREFERRED ADVANCED COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas.

#44 knappinman

knappinman

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 October 2014 - 04:18

here is my thoughts

Attached Images

• Amberlea.jpg

Edited by knappinman, 05 October 2014 - 04:31.

#45 knappinman

knappinman

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 October 2014 - 04:24

my review officially including some commentary in red cashmereamberlea1.jpg

#46 knappinman

knappinman

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 October 2014 - 04:25

page 2

Attached Images

• amberlea2.jpg

#47 knappinman

knappinman

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 October 2014 - 04:28

#2 of the trifecta

Attached Images

• PhotoScan.jpg

#48 knappinman

knappinman

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 October 2014 - 04:30

I skipped the paper review (I realized it was already done by another FPN person, I will post a link next) so I decided to do the Red Cashmere next 

Attached Images

• amberlea3.jpg

Edited by knappinman, 05 October 2014 - 04:31.

#49 tinysnail

tinysnail

math & pens

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:23

Wrote almost exclusively with the Vac today, which meant a lot of writing between 2 letters, a meeting, and lots of homework. I really really like it. The only thing I don't like is the design of the cap; the matte finish on the clip is out-of-place. I also wish the end weren't black and the pen weren't so back-heavy. Still, it's an absolute joy to use, especially with Lahlahlaw's nib. The filling mechanism is wayyy fun, also. The pen was surprisingly easy to clean between inks, though Green Diamond was pretty stubborn about leaving the feed. 

15268398980_97ca749234_c.jpgVac700loaner by tinylilsnail, on Flickr

I've been planning to get a 580AL probably towards the end of this coming week and I think I'll stick with that, but I won't rule out getting a Vac eventually. I really like the look of the smoke and blue versions.

#50 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 33,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 October 2014 - 19:09

I am so glad you are enjoying it!

#51 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 33,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 October 2014 - 19:16

And this from stonezebra 

I'd never used a TWSBI pen before and was astounded when Amberlea up and offered to loan me one, and a very nice one it was - a TWSBI 540 Smoke demonstrator modlel with a custom stub nib by nibmeister LahLahLaw.

It's lovely and light with just enough size to still be comfortable for a person with very small hands like me. The nib was smooth and writes wet enough to please me and keep a solid line. It came loaded with one of the new KZWi inks, #17, which I found to be a bright and cheerful purple just dark enough for everyday use. (thanks Amberlea!) When I'd run through my sample it was easy to clean with the handy piston filler and a little time.

What a pleasure to try out a pen I might never have tried thanks to Amberlea's generousity. I've never had the opportunity to try a pen before buying it and I love it. I've bought my share of pens I didn't really like once they'd arrived so this was both fun and informative. What a great idea! The TWSBI is now on my list of pens-to-buy next! To be trusted with a pen AND ink that I'd been curious about by a complete stranger is a deligjhtful and humbling experience. Another happy TWSBI loanee!

#52 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 33,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 October 2014 - 19:24

Wrote almost exclusively with the Vac today, which meant a lot of writing between 2 letters, a meeting, and lots of homework. I really really like it. The only thing I don't like is the design of the cap; the matte finish on the clip is out-of-place. I also wish the end weren't black and the pen weren't so back-heavy. Still, it's an absolute joy to use, especially with Lahlahlaw's nib. The filling mechanism is wayyy fun, also. The pen was surprisingly easy to clean between inks, though Green Diamond was pretty stubborn about leaving the feed. 

15268398980_97ca749234_c.jpgVac700loaner by tinylilsnail, on Flickr

I've been planning to get a 580AL probably towards the end of this coming week and I think I'll stick with that, but I won't rule out getting a Vac eventually. I really like the look of the smoke and blue versions.

Glad you enjoy. I think the 580AL for most people is the way to go!

#53 crazypen80

crazypen80

Near Mint

• Away
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:46

interesting offer

#54 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,601 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 October 2014 - 13:06

I'm in! Can't wait.

:D

#55 Ted A

Ted A

Collectors Item

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 October 2014 - 16:09

TWSBI Vac 700 in orange.

I’ve had the opportunity to use a Vac 700 loaned to me by Amberlea Davis for the last month. Thank you. This is a really generous thing you’ve done. I’ve had fun using this pen with as many different inks as I could. The problem is that the pen holds so much ink that it took a while to move from one ink to another.

Amber said that the nib had ben customized by LahLahLaw. It started as a broad nib and I think it was made a bit stubbish. It does put down a very nice line.

The loas also included the TWSBI Vac20 bottle. Between the bottle and the vac filling mechanism, can have lots of fun and the filling is simple and neat, as advertised.

I have a 540 and have been debating whether my next TWSBI would be the Vac700 of the Mini. And this loan from Amber has pushed me toward the Mini, or maybe I can hold off for a VacMini. What I found, that pushed the Vac 700 down on my rankings is that the step from the section to the barrel is more than I am comfortable with. I hold my pens fairly far back and with the Vac700 I grip right on the step. That’s too bad because this is a really cool pen, but it may me off the fence to buy the Mini.

fpn_1413512892__vac_700_1.jpg

fpn_1413512907__vac_700_2.jpg

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

#56 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 33,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 October 2014 - 23:45

Woo Hoo!  I'm glad you tried it!

#57 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 33,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 October 2014 - 21:28

TWSBIs are back in town!

#58 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 33,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 October 2014 - 21:39

I have a Vac 700 that I'm ready to ink up, try out and then send out.

#59 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• 33,273 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:01

20141024_193010.jpg2014-Ink_1897.jpg

#60 TheRealScubaSteve

TheRealScubaSteve

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:11

That blue looks sweet in a clear demonstrator. 

Sponsored Content

|